Confirmed: Doom Eternal is Coming to Xbox Game Pass on October 1

Installing right now …

1 Like

Hope you enjoy!

Freaking love it. It was not hard I was already fan of the 1st and previous DOOM games.

Can’t believe Xbox owns this franchise

1 Like

Me either its surreal

pound for pound, I think Zenimax was probably the most diverse, talented Publisher in the industry. I don’t think any other publisher has a lineup like theirs.

1 Like

Doom on console feels… not great. Mouse and keyboard is really the way to go still for this series.

Pain has been the way of PC game pass users for a while now, this is no different.

Still don’t know what sort of voodoo ID are using to get this to run as fast and smooth on OG Xbox

3 Likes

Since Doom Eternal joined the Game Pass catalogue it has seen a 15% increase in the number of tracked players in TrueAchievements — from around 42,000 to 48,000. In only two days. And that’s only counting achievements afficionados that have an account on that site.

2 Likes

The game has now 56,000 tracked gamers on TrueAchievements — a 33% increase in only 5 days.

1 Like

Currently playing through this for the first time, and I am… Not enjoying it as much as 2016 :worried:. It has nothing to do with difficulty (I’m playing on Ultra-Violence, same as my first 16 playthrough). It just feels slower, maybe? Due to the low ammo -> chainsaw -> more ammo loop, I feel like the battles have been bogged down a bit & become a little too convoluted. I just really appreciated the reboot’s(?) straight forward simplicity.

That being said, the graphics are clean & the animations are sublime (the best I have ever seen in a FPS). All in all, from what I’ve played so far, I would give the game a 7.5-8/10. For comparisons sake, I would give 2016 a straight 9/10.

2 Likes

It is one of this game that is better the second time, trust me.

But yeah, I went through it the first time not really enjoying myself. I think it is hard, but really what I really don’t like is that you have to play the way it is meant to be played : fast and effective. And the platforming is not fun. They really went too far imo.

I loved 2016. I may have finished it like 5-6 times and still enjoying every second of it. I bought it on switch too. Multiplayer is also quite fun. I never touched Eternal multiplayer.

Still waiting for the expansions though.

2 Likes

Oh, I’m so glad to see someone that preferred the first game aswell!

I played the first three chapters and I did not fell the same way as I did with Doom 2016, and seeing people claiming that Doom Eternal is GOTY material always bugged me a bit.

1 Like

I’m glad to see it’s not just me :laughing:.

1 Like

Doom 2016 was seen as goty contender as well.

Hmmm for me it’s the opposite. For some reason I didn’t got the hang on Doom 2016 but since Eternal is much more focused in the way you should kill demons and traverse (dash) I enjoy it a big deal more.

1 Like

You should give the game another chance, Eternal has some amazing levels both in terms of level design but also art-wise which wasn’t 2016’s strongest point. Gameplay wise it’s like a character action game, your 1st playthrough is almost a tutorial. Combat mechanics are not the easiest to handle on your 1st playthrough but if you stick with it you can’t go back to 2016…if I had to make a comparison it’s like playing DMC3 and then going back to DMC1.

Also anyone who has issues with Marauders just save some ammo on BFG. Let them rush you, when they go for the axe attack stun them with the Super Shotgun, change to BFG, shoot, dead Marauder in 2 seconds. Also don’t shoot at them while they have their shield up because they will summon the hellhound, just have some distance and let them come to you.

1 Like

Loved DOOM 2016 on the PS4, gave this a shot a few days ago and I found it too hectic and fast paced for me.

But guess what, this is Gamepass. It’s just like watching a show that you’re not in the mood for, watch something else and come back to it.

I’ll be coming back to DOOM Eternal for sure. I’m just not in the mood for it right now. Going to play Carrion, Turing Test, and others, and by that time I think I’ll be craving high intensity single player FPS again. I’m on the base Xbox One and the game looks great. I actually LOVED the classic DOOM filter you can apply on the image, it looked like the highly compressed CGi found in older games where the colour palette was 256 colours for full motion video.

Still hard to believe that Id is a first party studio now

I hope we eventually get a 2-4 player horde style mode for Doom Eternal. Shit would be crazy

1 Like

That would be nice

1 Like