Confirmed: Doom Eternal is Coming to Xbox Game Pass on October 1

Oh nice.

Could be false though. Iā€™m terrible at Twitter. :smile:

Donā€™t sleep on one of the best FPS campaigns of the generation folks. Such a glorious game. Was just speculating the other day how they should drop Eternal on the Pass by the time X|S come out, possibly with the next-gen enhancements ready at launch. The latter may not necessarily be feasible, but it seems like the former is gonna happen.

Very soon. 1st October.

@Predrag

you may want to add to the OP and change the title (I could but not before the OP is updated)

2 Likes

Thank you, updated!

Noice!

At this point, Iā€™m willing to wait until the next-gen enhancements come out to play this. After all, itā€™s not like itā€™s gonna leave game pass :laughing:

Awesome news for everyone who hasnā€™t played this yet :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to this on the Series X. Never wanted to cheapen the experience on 1S

I donā€™t blame you for waiting. It wonā€™t be going anywhere now that they own Bethesda

Doom 2016 was a absolute rush the whole way through. I love how the intensity never slowed down. I hope Eternal is just as intense. Excited to play.

Iā€™ve bought DOOM, Wolfenstein, and many other 3rd party games on my PS4 because they played better and at 1080p. I see myself replaying them on the XSX via Gamepass for the best experience.

I bring this up because I wouldnā€™t really consider repurchasing these games all over again for a different platform, but Gamepass solves all that.

2 Likes

This is one reason Game Pass is very attractive even to those guys who had a PS4 as their primary 3rd party games platform. Easy to make the move towards Xbox. Thus not all games but a whole bunch of them are on the service.

3 Likes

I just want to say to everyone whoā€™s never played Doom Eternal: enjoy one of the best FPS campaigns ever made. While itā€™s fundamentally different from classic Doom and most other FPS classics you may hold dear, itā€™s its own breed of shooters with its own design, logic and pace, and thereā€™s some fantastic situations and levels all around, with all weapons feeling meaty, graphics being incredible, and the soundtrack being absolutely God-tier too. Easily my favourite triple-A game of the year.

1 Like

Iā€™m not touching it until XSX. Can I ask though how does the shooting feel? The last one was great to move around, butter smooth 60fps but the guns felt like they had no weight and no impact. Like pea shooters.

Edit: Iā€™ve never heard anyone else say this right enough, not sure why it didnā€™t click for me.

Beat this game earlier this year. If you donā€™t enjoy a challenge, turn down the default difficulty. Fortunately I do but even still, this game wore me down. Itā€™s non-stop intense. Fans of FPS games that havenā€™t played Doom may even do themselves a favor and check out some Youtube tutorials. Main things are to remember to move (cover shooting doesnā€™t work) and use your chainsaw a lot in order to continuously refill ammo.

1 Like

Iā€™m in the same boat. But I donā€™t think they confirmed yet if itā€™s optimized on day one of XSX.

I definitely plan to do that. Go one lower for difficulty. I saw some letā€™s play videos and the challenge is real. Especially those guys that are fast and zoom around the room. Those that return several times throughout the story.

This brings back memories and humor at the same time :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Iā€™m waiting too. I loved DOOM 2016 so I hope itā€™s more of that. Waiting will give me time to finish my Halo playthroughs anyway, donā€™t wanna get mixed up between styles and control schemes.

Shameless plug but we just released our video version of the review written by @FairyEmpire

Never seen this before, so thanks for posting! :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes