Celebrating Pride Month with XboxEra

So its not just me then, I’ll have another look in my garage then, Thanks! :heart:

Thats a bit quick! Not many have said nice things about others yet :smiley:

Could you add a line about 2064 in your OP as well maybe? In case people scroll past my wall od colour and text :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe it is a bit quick, but I’m sure the people who are interested in the games will have participated in the thread by then.

Will add a line about 2064!

3 Likes

Just as you say SuikerBrood :slight_smile: You’re the best for sorting this out :heart:

1 Like

Debatable! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Welcome to Elk also represented LGBTQ+ characters in a positive way.

Great little game.

I played Fable Anniversary recently and was amazed that your characters sexuality could be fluid within a game that was produced in far less progressive times.

I watched High Score on Netflix and found out about the first ever Gay RPG called Gay Blade. Has anyone ever played that?

1 Like

It was so long I played but I recall that the “forward thinkingness” of the game lessened a little in 2 and 3. 1 was a little more unrealistic in that all NPC’s could be wooed and married and allowed for some more freedom, 2 was more realistic in that each NPC had their own sexuality and also allowed for a Female PC, it was good also since we started as children there was role play potential for how they would be. 3 was the most strict as I recall starting as the prince/princess.

Regardless for the time, I think it was one of the better games out there for options, it fell into the trap in 3 though of pairing sexuality to gender, much like CDPR’s “wonderful” character creator which had been bigged up for control yet one where gender was tied to voice :roll_eyes: but as you say @Harm0nica , Fable for its time was a great start.

I actually rate Saints row as being the one game which has had the best character creator to roleplay effectively; voice, gender, appearance and clothing being allowed in any combination and allowing true fluidity.

[edit] Sorry that sounds rather dismissive of Fable, Don’t mean that it wasn’t excellent for its time, not living up to its potential just appeared in my head for a while there :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I want some Cyberpunk! :wink:

I love to see the engagement and humanity displayed by many during Pride. Up until a few years ago I didn’t care that much, always supported it of course but no personal experiences so to speak. Then my sister came out and the things I’ve learned since then made me realise how incredibly important this fight and celebration is, for all of us.

I would like to give a shout out to @Doncabesa for being a very good person, made a grown man tear up by just being nice when I needed it. I’m not used to that or being seen, so thank you.

8 Likes

Aww thats lovely mort!

Orange Is The New Black Hug GIF

4 Likes

Tell me why was a amazing experience one of my favs last year that helped me understand more about the community I loved it.

3 Likes

Jesus… now I’m getting things in my eyes over a gif. I’m such a mess, lol. Thanks, Cerys.

2 Likes

So this is nice Jamie, @Cerysnetics? :wink:

3 Likes

You’re not a mess, you are wonderful you are strong and you are alive and loved! Let it out and come for a cuddle.

Then Ice cream.

(Jesus now the thread is telling me off for hogging responses :slight_smile: )

7 Likes

2 Likes

Thanks Craig, you were right I hd another Focus RS in my garage which appeared blue, when I selected it it was the new livery.

Pardon the state of Geraldine the Focus, we went coppicing.

4 Likes

There is now a petition to purchase the controller with the Pride color scheme

4 Likes

I imagine Xbox will make at least limited editions of the controler because it does seem to have resonated with a lot of people.

2 Likes

Its just such a daft thing to do and show as part of everything else “with pride” - Here we are celebrating inclusivity with exclusive items.

As I said a limited run would have been annoying but nowhere near as tone deaf as the choice was, especially when it’s text is also to “show” ones pride, and yet you can’t.

Don’t get me wrong I am not frothing (aside, Cerys was apoplectic with rage) and its not like WB celebrating pride month by asking everyone to smash the hell out of DC’s canonically queer character.

But it rubs me the wrong way that they thought people wouldn’t be disappointed. And frankly I cringe when I see Influencers being held in higher regard than paying users.

I could understand companies not wanting to be seen “profiting” from pride and maybe not wanting to throw out a ton of merch, but there is already plenty of pride merch available from MS. ( I have spend 100 euro on it).

6 Likes

Tell Me Why was my personal favourite game of 2020. Dontnod always pushes the envelope when it comes to narrative-focused games and their titles always have a high level of polish and technical sheen that Telltale’s games always lacked.

5 Likes

Signed

5 Likes