Celebrating Pride Month with XboxEra

I’d like to play this! The graphic posted here is really cool and has me intrigued. Never played the others in the Life is Strange series

5 Likes

I am a little peeved that I cannot buy that controller. :slight_smile:

I have no idea how twitter works, but maybe boosting Kotaku’s tweet about it could help spread the word about it and hopefully that energises MS to make it available. Its not so much that its unavailable but that its free for influencers and press, even a limited run would be better, and as many have said with oodles of sarcasm, there is nothing more inclusive than an exclusive item.

Kotaku on Twitter: “Xbox Celebrates Pride With A Controller You Can’t Buy https://t.co/QR7fvkvY8Q https://t.co/NQp8PQCXPE” / Twitter

However that’s my pet peeve, and only because “busy” as it might be I really like the design and I love a colourful thing that isn’t camouflage or a red skull in a cog :slight_smile:

There’s quite a few other little pride things going on,

Theres a pride livery for a Ford Focus in FH4, (though I have literally no idea how I use it, spent an hour looking last night, I see an in game mail but no livery). In the end I got annoyed and found a fan made pride one for my TVR Cerbera and drove proudly around England in that instead.

There is a new profile background and Avatars to chose…

There is a reward for Gears 5 for 500 reward points and a Pixel Pride heart flag set (which again I can’t find :P).

That and Katy Jo Wright talking about how much she loved 5 made me try it last night after hating Gears 1 at launch, and surprisingly I didn’t hate it. Though by god do I hate the chunky thick necked “meatiness” of the design. :slight_smile:

Also there is a gaudy yet fabulous Pride theme for edge

Pride - Microsoft Edge Addons

From which I managed to extract the current MS Pride background to use as desktop wallpaper too

I’d like to join in with a giveaway offer an Xbox Copy of 2064: Read Only Memories (I will link the steam page as that has tons of info if you want to see if you would like it). I’m not sure how Xbox gifting works, but @SuikerBrood said he would help sort the winner out.

To enter the draw add something to the thread, say you want some Cyberpunk and say something lovely about another member of XboxERA.

2064: Read Only Memories is a cyberpunk thriller that explores the social challenges of tomorrow through classic adventure gaming. A journalist-turned-detective teams up with Turing, the world’s first sapient machine, to unmask a conspiracy that will shake the foundations of Neo-San Francisco

Also, and since I can’t buy that controller, I have in the forums name donated 30 dollars to the Trevor Project and 30 GBP to Mermaids.

If you’re able to donate anything to any LGTBQIA+ Charities, I know they would appreciate every penny.

Have a wonderful pride month!

:heart: Cerys :rainbow_flag:

14 Likes

I did say I would wall of text you all.

2 Likes

You really are a wonderful person Cerys.

4 Likes

Aww, my bottom lip is going. I am not special, I just found something to be passionate and proud about. I’m a gibbering neurotic mess in real life. :heart:

[edit] I am reminded to not do that when I get a compliment. Thankyou very much @Harm0nica that makes me feel wonderful.

5 Likes

One of the best platformers of the last 5 years too.

Most definitely recommend also.

I also need to really get off my bum and play Ikenfell so thanks for the reminder.

4 Likes

I’ve played Celeste. Game is hard as balls.

6 Likes

Even with assists on, I did dreadfully.

1 Like

Cyberpunk you say? Can’t get much further than Deux Ex for me (the original one!).

Also as someone has already said you, I’ll say @SuikerBrood and @brunopcosta1 are amazing and do work for the community, @Doncabesa too.

5 Likes

You’re not meant to say me anyway silly. That might affect how you are judged “worthy” of gifts.

judge judy GIF

1 Like

And this is why I haven’t started it yet. Celeste and Cuphead are two games I sitll need to play which I’m afraid of starting due to the difficulty.

3 Likes

Celeste is hard as fuck.

It’s also accessible as fuck. Give it a go.

That was awesome Cerys :heart:

I’ve decided to follow the exemple by making a donation of 50R$ to Casa 1, from Brazil, and if we have fellow Brazilian that can and want to help, they or any other institution would apreciate. Good pride month guys.

9 Likes

Amazing!

2 Likes

OMG thats so wonderful @DeusJabu :heart: :rainbow_flag: x x x

Heart Love GIF by Avon Mexico

1 Like

I Love You Kiss GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

1 Like

I have the original Life is Strange but I’ve yet to play through it. If there’s someone who’s played the first and wants BtS, give them preference! Very cool to see Xbox Era celebrate this month with a giveaway!

But I did want to get into game recommendations…

I have played Celeste which can get difficult but rewarding when you beat each section you get stuck on. Highly recommended.

I also played Gone Home which I highly recommend as well.

And I’m playing through Tell Me Why through my phone and xCloud, works great with touch controls (I turned down the turn sensitivity and it’s really comfortable to play on the phone). I’m still early but I like where the game is headed.

These games demonstrate the importance of Indies in having all people represented. These games not only feature LGBTQ+ characters and themes, but I’ve found there is a good amount of representation in general. I’m also glad that Gamepass gave me a chance to experience all these.

4 Likes

I really liked Tell Me Why. It’s games like this that help raise awareness and also help people of different backgrounds and life situations to be more understanding and acceptable of each other. We need more of this in the gaming industry. In the world, if I’m being frank.

6 Likes

Yes, you get this Ford Focus by ingame message/mail. Problem is, this new livery is not present when you browse through your car list for some reason. I only saw 2 blue 2017 Ford Focus in my garage. One of them was new and that was the one with the Pride coloring. Looks awesome btw.

1 Like

Winners will be announced tomorrow 5PM CEST.

2 Likes