Candy Crush Saga for Xbox listing found in Xbox App

Originally published at: https://xboxera.com/2022/08/28/candy-crush-saga-for-xbox-listing-found-in-xbox-app/

A listing for an Xbox One and PC version of Candy Crush Saga has been found listed on the Xbox App. If you go into the Library tab and choose My Games you may see the listing below. No date or time is given and the publisher is listed as “king.com”.

The game requires an Xbox Live Gold account to play on consoles and is listed as supporting *In-Game Purchases (Includes Random Items). There is no release date listed though the rather lengthy item description uses non-American spelling for words like center (centre).

Candy Crush Saga is a match 3 puzzle game that has dominated the mobile phone gaming charts since its release. There is a version on the Windows store right now but this one’s dual Xbox and PC listing indicates it should have cross-share and progression if the listing is correct. It is interesting to see the title listed before the potential acquisition of Activision-Blizzard-King (the last being CCS’s developer) which is still working its way through approval throughout countries across the globe.

5 Likes

Only way I will play is if the game includes Xbox achievements :gem:

7 Likes

Same! We have no shame :joy:

5 Likes

The exclusive Phil really was after with this deal.

8 Likes

It would be funny to create a console exclusive in the opening days of the deal closing. Let’s just say it would quiet a lot of speculation.

4 Likes

This is going to blow up. A lot of console gamers are flippant towards mobile, but the numbers don’t lie. These games are making a fortune.

9 Likes

I think this is right on the money. Allow me to quote myself from when the news of this acquisition first broke:

So yeah, I think this could very well be a gateway game to get non-console players to pick up a controller and engage with console gaming.

Welcome to the forums, btw.

4 Likes

Surprised it hasn’t happened sooner

While obviously it suits mobile more, I think people underestimate how many people would play a game like Crush on consoles, it’s not like we don’t have other games in that style

It’s literally just Bejewelled which obviously was successful

Very interested to see how they’d GamePass-ify it

1 Like

Will be interested to see how the mobile 5 lives limit translates to a console. I can’t see a console version having a half hour wait to refill a life, but I would expect the waiting for more lives and waiting to avoid the wait by getting power ups is what drives a lot of the micro transactions.

This is going to be insane for Microsoft. It’s gonna print money.

With the income coming in from Candy Crush, Microsoft could afford to put Call of Duty on other platforms. :slight_smile:

Yeah, i’ve seen some mobile-like f2p games on the Xbox store before. There was one that was very much like Clash of Clans where you build up a base and do whatever else before you run out of things to do. Afterwards you either buy micro transactions or just wait some hours to keep playing.

I think Candy Crush might be similar to it’s mobile counterpart unless they make it into some special paid game version.

Interesting. I don’t have any experience with Candy Crush, could there be any type of cohesive experience across platforms? Progression syncing or whatever the case might be?

The mobile version has a “King Account” login system so you can sync progress across your different mobile platforms. I could see them using the same King Account login or make a way to link Microsoft and King accounts.

1 Like

I think Gems of War has been successful on consoles so this will have no problems.