Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Hoping they can salvage Activision from the mess they have become and move COD away from annual releases, so it can actually take the time it needs. It’d be nice not to have every single studio working on COD. Beenox, Toys for Bob, etc.

6 Likes

This might be the first acquisition I feel mixed about. While I think the acquisition is cool something really needs to be done about the harassment at the studios.

The investor call is going on right now if any of you want to listen in

Webcast details

Microsoft Chairman and CEO Satya Nadella; Bobby Kotick, CEO, Activision Blizzard; CEO, Microsoft Gaming, Phil Spencer; and Microsoft Chief Financial Officer Amy Hood will host a webcast for investors and media on Jan. 18, 2022, at 6 a.m. Pacific time/9 a.m. Eastern time regarding this transaction.

There will be a recording of the conference call available shortly after the call until Friday, Jan. 28, 2022, at 5 p.m. Pacific time. To access that recording:

• S.: (877) 660-6853
  • International: +1 (201) 612-7415
  • Conference ID: 13726291
5 Likes

Make a thread Bethesda 2.0 oh that where the times NOT good times

Activision has CoD, WoW, Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo etc but overall they don’t really have many other actual new IP, do they? Hoping we’re gonna see some of these studios make a new IP, maybe. Wonder what the chance of that will be.

Yeah, and don’t underestimate how big of a deal that is. Perhaps not to us, but for other demographics.

I told my wife about this. Told her the price tag. Listed off some franchises that this includes. Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Diablo, Candy Crush.

When I got to Candy Crush her exact words “Candy Crush? Holy shit!” Up until then she had appeared only mildly impressed. And this is from someone who’s even playing some console games. She finished Outer Worlds a while back, and is currently knee-deep in Hades. She just have a different perspective of what constitutes a huge and popular game.

9 Likes

If xbox wanted Rod and Mike that bad they didnt have to spend 70B on it …

1 Like

So I just woke up from a dad nap and thought I was bloody dreaming when I looked at my phone. This is insanely huge.

5 Likes

Diablo 4, WoW, CoD all Day One game pass games now. It’s insane.

Ugh, metaverse.

1 Like

That is right. It is probably a very big reason why Microsoft settled on Activision because King is huge in the mobile space and it is an area where Microsoft is weak.

They pulled a Nokia over there, lol.

1 Like

@javycane @Mort

LOL

I just woke up but the first thing I thought of was you guys

2 Likes

Overwatch 2 also, lol

2 Likes

Hold on, hold on, it just hit me. If they get Toys for Bob, Beenox, and Vicarious Visions away from COD, there you go, you’ve got your E-rated games. It makes perfect sense.

3 Likes

I’m very interested in if they still push for a new COD every year or not.

2 Likes

Nah he done. No way Phil did this with him still in charge

I can’t wait to get my Candy Crush Game Pass perks. :doge:

1 Like

Maybe some of them will want to make BANJO

3 Likes

Yeah :100:

That has to be the plan.

1 Like