Call of the Sea Review Thread & OT - Available on Game Pass

Thanks! I might have to risk it then, I really want to play it.

Being on Game Pass certainly helps. If its too bad, you can just delete it. If I get further into it tonight and run into anything Ill post an update in here.

1 Like

First impression: good.

I can’t comment further:D since I’ve only played 1 1/2 hours but for me this game is perfect right now. I will continue and seemingly I’m not that allergic at performance issues.

Game looks nice but not spectacular. I always love to see new ways to show water in games and I really like the waterfalls :slight_smile: Story so far is at the beginning and I won’t comment on it yet. Haven’t played enough. A story can make or break such a game. Lastly the puzzles as of now are decent and require some search for results. Wonder how far they expand later on.

Definitely a try worth. follow my impressions in the coming days:)

2 Likes

It’s updating as we speak. I wonder what this is.

2 Likes

Nice! Hope it’s fixes stuff.

Think they added the ability to disable motion blur. Thank god.

Just tested it. Maybe it’s just me but the movement seems even more sluggish and the stutters are not gone. Early part of the island.

Ah ffs.

I’m probably not much affected by this lol

Made it to chapter 3,so far much smoother than the 1st chapter as well.

The first chapter had a near constant stuttering which makes my eyes sore very quickly. 2 and 3 have just occasional drops which are OK.

But in chapter 2 I struggled a lot with the hidden object nature of the game. Sometimes the detection that you are looking to an interactive object seems to fail. There was a paper on the floor that I tried to pick and couldn’t do it, then a lot later I wasn’t even looking at it directly and the small dot of interactive object appeared.

I also took an insane amount of time in the Totem puzzle for this chapter. The totem was not appearing as interactive. I had all the clues already but thought there was a second totem hidden somewhere. And then in perhaps my 30th time passing in front of it it finally showed the totem was interactive.

No, not everyone is. When I encounter a badly made first person game, it starts with a slight headache and a sense of nausea, cold sweats and in bad cases I have to throw up. Often I have to lie down, and try to sleep it off.

Exact same thing. For me it doesn’t have to be just FPS though. I don’t know what it is about Mario Kart 8, but it just ruins me. And it isn’t stutter or frame rate specifically that does it either because it happens in games that are perfectly smooth too. Ive never thrown up because I usually quit before it gets to that point. But the first time I played MK8 on the switch I felt so shitty that I went and laid down but couldn’t fall asleep because I felt so bad sleeping was impossible. I laid in bed for almost two hours before I started to feel better.

1 Like

Yeah I just don’t get why they bring a update when it doesn’t seem to fix it. At least not in the first part of the island.

I’m just gonna hold off, busy enough with ACV as it is.

1 Like

hmm ngl some puzzles are tough

Judging from the responses, I need to wait for a patch?

Hello again I finished the game :slight_smile: was a fun calm ride I recommend it. This is not on the lvl of What remains of eden finsh, but it is certainly a good game with a decent story. It also has some great visuals. Aside from one puzzle I managed to solve everything by my own. The performance issue is only in the first lvl and minor after the first ch.I havent run into any issues anymore.

Spoiler: How did you decide at the end?

3 Likes

Finished the game this past weekend, great little game. Apart from one puzzle they are for the most part difficult but fair. As most have mentioned the visuals really are beautiful. In regards to performance, was the game patched? I experienced some stuttering during my first session (Chapter 1)but it seemed to run smooth as butter for the rest of my time with the game. Overall I had a great time, and being able to play and finish the game with my eldest son (10 yrs) was an amazing experience.

Love to hear about the time playing with family! I will definitely be playing this one soon after I go through the Gears 5 DLC when it comes out tomorrow.

1 Like

I started playing this on Series X and moving feels really stuttery and sluggish. Switched to One X and it seems fine? I guess it’s running in a higher res on Series X that it can’t quite handle. They should have included a performance option on Series X to just run it at whatever resolution the One does to get a consistent framerate.

When I played the game for the review on my Series X I did not experience any technical issues at all.

You can be assured that if I had they would have been mentioned in the review.

Thank you for your feedback.

3 Likes