BREAKING: Microsoft has officially acquired Activision-Blizzard-King

To be honest CoD hasn’t been good since Sony got the marketing (outside of MW19)

That’s just one “influencer” who probably slightly lean into PlayStation, that’s fine but he’s not right. Anyone who said that they care about the industry really only cares about the games that they are getting or not lol, but the industry also includes devs who makes them and they benefit from this because of the potential unionization of the industry. The fact people only think about games when they have “concerns” with acquisitions like this and not the welfare of the people who work hard to give them games speaks volumes to what they really feel, it’s just selfish visions of what they want/desire.

The 360 era was the golden era of COD with the original MW and BlackOps.

5 Likes

I can assure you, I really don’t. It’s simply that I follow a person who likes Xbox and he replied to that tweet, I then always see it on my feed as well.

I’ve actually been less and less on Twitter for a while now.

This.

Black Ops 2 was really the last great one for me. Loved the campaign, multiplayer was fun, zombies was great, and local multiplayer was some of my favorite times in 2012-2013.

Yup, Black Ops 2 was definitely the best Black Ops, multiplayer was just a great time.

Speaking of “influencers”, Modernwarzone, which is one of the biggest COD twitter influencer, along with CharlieIntel, was really positive about the merger. Charlie intel I think is more of a PS guy, with modernwarzone lean more on Xbox.

Fair enough. But why post that drivel here? I’m not trying to pile on here, but I feel like you’ve been doing a lot of that in the past. You’re far from alone, but I just don’t see why anyone would post such nonsense takes here. It a) gives those people traffic and attention, and b) furthers negative discourse here.

There’s just no point to it. It honestly even feels a bit like stealth trolling. “Look, I’m not saying this obnoxious thing that’s likely to rile people up. That guy is.”

I don’t think that’s your intent. I think you’re good people. I just wish you and everyone else would stop feeding the negativity beast.

4 Likes

For sure, and I’m also looking forward to an expanded footprint and for our libraries to be streamable as well.

I want to buy a game on my Xbox and get the PC and streaming license in one go, I want to be able to connect my favorite controller to a hotel TV and keep playing the RPG I started at home, I want to be able to go to a friend’s house and use nothing but their TV and a tablet I brought to couch coop a game that doesn’t have splitscreen.

I want my saves to follow me everywhere, I want quick resume states to follow me everywhere, I want to be talking with a friend about a cool new game and whip out [device] and show them how it looks because it’s on game pass and I’m actively playing it.

I want every multiplatform game to be a non-brainer for me because I’ll get the benefits of the Xbox ecosystem, the portability of the Switch, and the potential power of a PC version.

I know it’s outlandish, but this is the kind of ubiquity that MS are dreaming about too. It started with Play Anywhere and this is another massive step towards their unified storefront.

1 Like

How are these even articles by a big website? This year’s CoD might turn out to be not so great, or it will I haven’t played the beta yet , remains to be seen but to already conclude that MS wasted their money is just ridiculous levels of stupid. The fact that such drivel gets greenlighted by that company says a lot.

3 Likes

That should be Metro’s tagline. “Metro: Ridiculous levels of Stupid.” :smile:

4 Likes

True. In the past I did that a bit too often and that’s why I slowed down with it. I’m not nearly as much on that app anymore either, the constant Starfield hate got incredibly tiresome. As for stealth trolling or any kind of trolling, no never, that’s never my intent and that’s not me. And some others that have posted similar tweets here before I don’t think it’s their intent either.

I did it to spark up a conversation on the subject and thought of…why can’t people see beyond just “MS bought ABK, most games that aren’t CoD will be exclusive?” and realize that the other “evil” might have been Facebook and that’s someone you really don’t want to acquire ABK, because wtf are they gonna do with those studios? Or the other scenario where nobody would have acquired them.

And I have to admit (even though that wasn’t the case with that tweet) it can be entertaining and fun to clown silly folks like that. Just now I saw a tweet where a dude legit said “the beta got worse as soon as ABK was acquired by MS. Hmmm” I mean…:joy:

3 Likes

Theres an even worse one PC Gamer put out but Im not going to give them another avenue for clicks.

1 Like

Following anything on twitter is a mistake. Twitter isn’t reality. It’s a hornets nest of the perpetually angry.

And by go out of the way I more so mean amplifying negativity. You can’t look at that tweet and think “everyone needs to hear this guys take”. Leave it on the slag heap where it belongs.

5 Likes

Twitters algorithm absolutely amplifies extreme rhetoric, misinformation and conspiracies seem to drive engagement for us humans. I don’t want to get too of topic, but its amazing how much it gets reposted on here (with no ill intention, I think) but its like people need to share it to get it off their chest.

5 Likes

The reason I am on this forum is to avoid toxic hatred on social media. It’s not just the games fandom. Fandom on social media is a cesspool. It’s very disheartening to see it brought here.

6 Likes

Wow. I mean wow.

It’s the line about Microsoft that makes it so cringy. Like damn, are you really hurt by the purchase? It’s not even necessary to say that at all. Oh well, if it ends up #1 seller, I’ll just laugh.

Are we expecting a Game Pass drop with Activision games on Tuesday?

1 Like

depends there may be a couple but the rest are way off since those take time

3 Likes

I am not, but would be a nice surprise. They told us 2024, so I’m expecting 2024.

7 Likes