BREAKING: Microsoft has officially acquired Activision-Blizzard-King

I’m not expecting a drop next Tuesday.

If they want to avoid stepping on other games’ toes I could see them maybe do a drop in late December when no games seem to release at all. That would only be if they were ahead of schedule and had whatever communications already crafted and ready to go.

6 Likes

Excluding Call of Duty, im expecting every new future release from Activision/Blizzard to be fully exclusive to the Xbox platform and eco-system as they should be.

13 Likes

Xbox advertising ABK family trailer in X now.

5 Likes

yeah just saw it

1 Like

Maybe they could do thematic drops… like a CoD drop, and after that a nostalgia drop with Crash + Spyro + THPS, maybe a Raven Software + id drop (Wolfenstein titles, Heretic, Hexen; this one will probably stay on PC though), a Diablo drop with 2 + 3 + 4… There are lots of possibilities to spread the games throughout months with less Game Pass titles

2 Likes

So many ABK devs expressing excitement about this deal on twitter.

7 Likes

The most exciting part is that a lot of the teams aren’t already years into their next projects so they should be able to pull them out of the COD mines relatively quickly.

4 Likes

ABK will not drop COD. The reason MS bought ABK is cashflow and financing XBox with ABK revenues. They will not stop to milk the cash cow to test some unproven old franchises.

3 Likes

It would be nice if websites created an article about that.

But we can’t have that.

8 Likes

That is not what they wrote in their press communicate on Friday.

They’re not. Metro uses “readers letters” to hide blatant console warring to ensure clicks.

And it works.

The issue is that when they post meaningless shite like this it does the whole idea a disservice.

1 Like

They didn’t write a single thing about exclusivity. Do I expect all ABK games to be exclusive? No. I suspect only a small number will be.

But they haven’t said.

4 Likes

The metro article is pretty cringe but atleast it’s just the usual console warrior write in. The PC gamer article headline is a lot worse as it’s written by an actual ‘journalist’

5 Likes

PC Gamer has been against the acquisition since the beginning. They had also one of the lowest Starfield review, they are quite consistent.

7 Likes

I miss when gaming journalists just review, preview, and report news that happened without any input of their own personal thoughts.

8 Likes

That doesn’t get them clicks anymore

There’s too much competition and quite frankly all these useless websites are irrelevant these days in the age of streaming, youtube and social media

So now they have to rely on clickbait and rage bait otherwise nobody would every touch their crappy articles

5 Likes

Glad it’s all done.

Hope Xbox can now get back to trying to promote and sell the Xbox.

2 Likes

That reminds me of a golden rule that my journalism prof had back in college: the only word you can’t use when writing an article is “I”

It’s something I wish gaming “journalists” of today would follow.

7 Likes

Pc gamer is a fucking fraud of a site now. Most of these UK journos are going to go on a hate bandwagon for xbox now

Ms is too powerful and big to care. Blacklist the fucking lot of them. Especially Metro UK

8 Likes

You are right and this is not only related to gaming. Journalism was dead when the editor was able to see page by page what drove traffic and interest.

5 Likes