BREAKING: Microsoft has officially acquired Activision-Blizzard-King

The FTC can theoretically ask any company that has been acquired to be divested unless they went through the process and lost in court since the FTC does not ever approve anything.

Integration will begin to occur shortly and part of the evidence Microsoft uses in court will be them doing things that the FTC tried to throw shade at. Things such as bringing COD to Nintendo and other services. Putting COD on gamepass to benefit users. All the stuff the FTC tried to say “Microsofts just saying that, they wont do it, dont trust them”.

https://twitter.com/DeekeTweak/status/1712886033447006651?t=e0t7vlcr1NLbzNEeUympLw&s=19

Related with an older info of the FTC case

https://twitter.com/DeekeTweak/status/1673485108458954754?t=R6qStJ1IyQG9npTXOHTKWw&s=19

2 Likes

Next up on the acquisition list: Sega

15 Likes

Dream purchase honestly! If they could figure out a way to emulate all Dreamcast games on Xbox and then add that as part of their BC program like Nintendo is doing with Genesis games on Switch… oh boy!

3 Likes

It is so caracteristic that on forum boards, discussions always talk about BC. MS will not pay 4 billions to let you access emulated dreamcast games.

The point of that would be more to fill gamepass with a massive library of permanent games. Id arhue the real value of Sega is all of the intellectual property, mobile, and entering the eastern market with a beloved brand name.

3 Likes

All you describe like porting games to Nintendo is not integration. Integration would be to to share Human Ressources and marketing or making teams work together, and of course to dissolve ABK into Microsoft.

1 Like

https://x.com/BlackPanthaaYT/status/1713112262272008613?s=20

I guess he rather had Facebook bought them? Or if nobody bought them, I don’t think these people realize it could have been very ugly for ABK as a whole if nobody had acquired them.

6 Likes

God I can’t for the Xbox+Bethesda+ABK showcase next year, it’s going to be bonkers.

10 Likes

These individuals aren’t worth attention. Block and move on.

11 Likes

He’d rather any one but Xbox bought them. Playstation has lost a lot of games for all time Between Zenimax and ABK.

They aren’t anti consolidation. They are anti- these games will never come to Playstation.

9 Likes

True.

But it does seem that some people genuinely don’t know or realize that ABK wasn’t doing too well and that this isn’t just one big company gobbling up another one because they can. ABK was selling. But I am sure this feller knows that very well.

4 Likes

You can complain about the acquisition all you want, but pretending that it’s because they’re gonna make games exclusives is just a fragile excuse when throughout the whole case/s for the merger they’ve sworn under oath and signed deals signifying no exclusivity.

Trying to frame this as if it’s like Bethesda is just dishonest. Bethesda was about the console base, it was about exclusive 1st party titles. They [MS] didn’t try to argue out of that.

Any possible exclusives that would come from ABK aren’t gonna come anytime soon, and highly likely they’re gonna be projects that wouldn’t exist without the MS merger in the first place, “not planned multiplats”.

The way you go out of your way to find trash takes from nobodies is certainly something. Get off twitter, man.

16 Likes

To be fair BlackPanthaa is pretty popular on YouTube I think he has like 1.5m subs. It’s definitely a trash take though, I have a feeling a lot of people are going to all of a sudden be “very” concerned about ABK while also ignoring all the positives about the deal.

2 Likes

War Metro…War Metro never changes

8 Likes

Good ole Metro :joy: 360 CoDs are still some of the best in the franchise.

2 Likes

The 360 era CODs are by far the best, what are they smoking?

3 Likes

I don’t think you need to go out your way, if you follow gaming on Twitter you’re gonna get suggested these takes all the time.

2 Likes

Well that didn’t take long. :smile: