BREAKING: Microsoft has officially acquired Activision-Blizzard-King

Good, now I just hope they fix the culture at that place and actually pay the staff what they deserve. That’s the main thing I want out of this deal, everything else comes far second for me.

5 Likes

About to hit over a million views. Likes is at 65K. Lovely.

1 Like

Never in my life I’ve seen a trailer causing this many meltdowns…to be fair that part where they showed PS1 Crash might hurt some people

12 Likes

Sadly this is true.

5 Likes

https://x.com/AddictiveAi/status/1713035623882231872?s=20

:smiley:

8 Likes

now at #6

1 Like

Your smarter than me with this stuff, how can they deem it anticompetitive when they don’t even know/understand the terms of the deals signed?

People online are hanging on to the idea the FTC are somehow still going to save them, just absolute frustration to see the FUD being spread around this stuff.

EDIT: Only just watched the trailer, to the people that put that together bravo.

1 Like

Also, he kept the receipts lmao:

The way that the cult behaved when the CMA originally blocked the deal will go down in history and never not be hilarious in retrospect. Karma is so sweet.

13 Likes

That’s because Sony fanboys don’t give a shit about unions or developers. It’s all faux outrage. These are the people blowing up the ABK thread pretending it’s a “dark day for consumers”:

I mean, not just an avatar, but look at that profile banner. The topic is littered with them. Some are completely mask off but many still feign their fanboyism and you have to take a look at their profile and/or post history to confirm their “outrage” is fake and they’re just mad because “xbox bad.”

Fuck 'em. Actual ABK employees are extremely happy right now, Kotick is getting kicked out in a few months, and Xbox is here to stay for good. That’s all that matters.

8 Likes

They r just mad that they r not getting games on their fav platform nd their favourite company couldn’t do the same like MS did.now they gonna teach us about consolidation nd all :joy:

Its not even that as nothing will change short term for them. They just hate when Xbox is doing “good”. Remember those FTC documents leaked in where MS was considering shutting down the Xbox division and that decision was about to be taken in the following months?

I don’t know how truthful or genuine they were being with those statements but imagine if it were true and the ABK deal didn’t go trough. Can you imagine how devastating would be for the industry for a platform holder to disappear just like that? The whiplash the entire industry would feel if such a massive avenue of revenue for video game companies was lost and PS was left as the only “high-end” console player in the industry( with how anti-consumer they have been with them being comfortly on top) would be really really bad for everyone.

Someone on other era motioned some of the reasons why this deal is good for Xbox and thus, is god for the industry. The first and second points are the true reasons you are seeing people having meltdowns out there and as someone living in a “third world” country I will reap the benefits mentioned in point three:

• This buyout cements the status of gaming as one of the core pillars of Microsoft’s business, so any uncertainty regarding the future of Xbox has evaporated.
  • Microsoft had fallen behind in the console race, this gives them a much needed boost that could be beneficial for competition.
  • Game Pass becomes that much more enticing, providing an important option for gamers who can’t afford to buy full-price games.
  • For gamers who prefer the Xbox platform specifically, this has multiple benefits and makes their favorite platform stronger.

He forgot to mention the possibility (even if its small) to see ABK working in other projects down the years, bringing Blizzard back to its prime and more importantly potentially set the standards for Unions in the gaming industry and lead to the creation of good working conditions for all devs …but do you really think people complaining this deal went through really care about that?

But no, somehow I should feel like scum for being happy of all the benefits ABK will bring to Xbox being under MS’s roof :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

BTW did you guys see this? :eyes:

8 Likes

https://x.com/shpeshal_nick/status/1712828893747372222?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

He’s not wrong.

17 Likes

#5 surprisingly after a whole day

4 Likes

So these are their new IP’s:

Activision/Blizzard

• 3D Ultra Pinball
  • Band Hero
  • Blackthorn
  • Blur
  • Cabela Series (Various)
  • Caesar
  • Call of Duty
  • Call to Power
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Dark Reign
  • Diablo
  • DJ Hero
  • Empire Earth
  • Extreme PaintBrawl
  • Front Page Sports Baseball
  • Gabriel Knight
  • Geometry Wars
  • Guitar Hero
  • Gun
  • Hearthstone
  • Heavy Gear
  • Heretic
  • Heroes of the Storm
  • Hexen
  • Interstate ‘76
  • Kaboom!
  • King’s Quest
  • Laura Bow Mystery Series
  • (The) Lost Vikings
  • Matt Hoffman’s Pro BMX
  • Overwatch
  • Phantasmagoria
  • Pitfall
  • Police Quest
  • Prototype
  • Quest for Glory
  • Rock N’ Roll Racing
  • SWAT
  • Singularity
  • Ski Resort Tycoon
  • Skylanders
  • Soldier of Fortune
  • Space Quest
  • Spyro
  • StarCraft
  • Tenchu* (only the games released before Activision sold the rights to From Software in 2004)
  • Timeshift
  • Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater
  • True Crime
  • Ultimate Soccer Manager
  • Vigilante 8
  • Warcraft
  • World of Warcraft
  • World Series of Poker
  • Zork

King

• AlphaBetty Saga
  • Blossom Blast Saga
  • Bubble Saga
  • Bubble Witch Saga
  • Candy Crush Saga
  • Diamond Digger Saga
  • Farm Heroes Saga
  • Hoop de Loop Saga
  • Knighthood
  • Legend of Solgard
  • Papa Pear Saga
  • Paradise Bay
  • Pepper Panic Saga
  • Pet Rescue Saga
  • Pyramid Solitaire Saga
  • Rebel Riders
  • Scrubby Dubby Saga
  • Shuffle Cats

ABK also own the publishing rights to many other games but the list is too long :rofl:

17 Likes

I wonder how much they’re earning from Candy Crush right now.

5 Likes

The day that all the old Activision Spider-man games drop into Gamepass is going to be hilarious :joy:

4 Likes

I wonder how many of these are a realistic chance of being revived. I know Phil has name dropped Hexen, and Kotick talked about Guitar Hero and Skylanders. A From Soft Tenchu game would be interesting…

2 Likes

I doubt many but the possibilities are very exciting. I think the chances are much higher now than Pre-Xbox.

I used to love SWAT and wondered where it went, I never realised it was sat in ABK’s vault so to speak.

My personal out there wish is for a Prototype reboot. Seeing Alex Mercer in that welcome video gave me the slightest hope that it’s possible.

3 Likes