BREAKING: Microsoft has officially acquired Activision-Blizzard-King

Do you have a link? lol

I saw your post on the other thread about how this deal going through was gonna bring out the “sad day for gaming” post nonsense and the first page on that era thread is exactly that, they are so predictable

done and done

4 Likes

Why isn’t my Gamepass filled with ABK games already!

2 Likes

Said it was a done deal!

10 Likes

https://x.com/davidspringate/status/1712890233199493611?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

13 Likes

And like what is something about ABK that will forcing anyone to buy an Xbox anytime soon anyway? To me this is not about them being salty Xbox would get exclusives because that’s just an unknown and in most cases unlikely, it’s people being salty Xbox is now making a lot of money and a place secured in the future, and those people wanted Xbox just dead.

2 Likes

The sad part is way too many “journalist” think this way too.

13 Likes

Wow Im actually worried about any individuals that feel that way. I really hope they get the help they need and realize they need to find some other things to enjoy in life. Its an amazing world out there and a lot to live for.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrruh

:expressionless:

Let it the fuck go

12 Likes

Im their with you. Im almost 50 and was an avid gamer surving the game crash of 83 and the first game I fully beat was pitfall on the 2600

5 Likes

The agreement between Ubisoft and Microsoft is outside of any acquisition (despite it being done to get approval of the ABK acquisition). It is just a normal business deal. The FTC should know they don’t have the mandate to look at that.

F the FTC.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1712975300026376325

3 Likes

lmao, why even make a poll for this. He def knows what he’s doing

7 Likes

Seriously a poll. We all know Geoff wears his bias on his sleeve.

He must be freaking out. Count it, 3 publishers that may skip his “events”.

Featuring your game with him is a scary thing:

• Saints Row (Studio gone)
  • Callisto Protocol (layoffs)
  • Deviation Games PS exclusive (cancelled)
  • Naughty Dog talking Factions (cancelled)
14 Likes

The better poll would be

“Do you prefer ABK being purchased by Xbox, Amazon, or Apple?”

3 Likes

Agreed. I would love it if they went the Disney route and started licensing out some of the IP they own to other interested parties. I feel like without being open to that we’re not likely to ever see lesser known IPs get revived.

I’m talking things like Blackthorne. And even then that particular game is a longshot, but I’m sure there’s at least one indie developer out there with as much nostalgic fondness as I have for that game. :slight_smile:

I would also guess that some of the more well-known IPs are unlikely to see revivals without 3rd parties. Stuff like most of Sierra’s catalogue, or The Lost Vikings, or even Pitfall and Zork.

There’s simply too much in their vault for them to be able to revive it all, but there’s also a lot of indie devs out there who may well prefer to roll the dice on an older IP with a bit of a built-in audience than make their own thing from scratch.

The repercussions of this deal aren’t gonna take shape anytime soon. Literally can’t predict because it’s mostly baseless. For now, we happy Game Pass gets a big supply of content.

gEoFf at it again I see.

9 Likes

Finally. It should never have been dragged out this long in the first place.

3 Likes

the trailer for the ABK joining xbox is on youtube trending at #7

9 Likes