BREAKING: Microsoft has officially acquired Activision-Blizzard-King

Xbox: “We have Spiderman 2 at home” after dropping this into GP.

In all seriousness though, this is the old Spiderman people are super fond of right? It’s the one with the really good web slinging iirc.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s fucking golden. :joy:

And it closed on Friday the 13th…what a ominous day for certain people to remember in the future.

Booooooooh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn8PvUELShA

1 Like

Why are they complaining? GaaS is the future of the industry and the PlayStation will be home to at least 10 new ones, exclusively! Let Xbox have any of that unsustainable single player malarkey that Activision or Blizzard may have planned.

In all seriousness, welcome to the next chapter of Xbox. Some very interesting days are ahead.

Karma and all

2 Likes

Those “a sad day for the industry” I’ve been seeing all over the internet are cracking me up :rofl:

6 Likes

Hopefully one of many sad days to come. Give me more storm clouds and rain Plz Phil!

1 Like

Way to many people think Sony = The entire gaming industry

8 Likes

Finally, its done. The CMA have their pound of flesh for their ‘victory’ so they can feel relevant in the post-Brexit era.

Now the hard part begins. Let the creative juices flow to give us more great content on Xbox. Spencer wasn’t joking when he pledged to bring a world-class contemt pipeline for Xbox.

8 Likes

Finally done.

I’m hoping Game Pass helps bring back some classics.

1 Like

I am definitely tipping my hand on my age here, but this truly a landmark day for me personally given my gaming history. Some of my favorite early games played are now part of the Xbox IP portfolio including Pitfall that I played on the Atari 2600 which was mentioned by Phil Spencer in his blog post today and the King’s Quest games from Sierra that I played by putting floppy disks in when my character walked off screen as compared to the games of today. I played Crash Bandicoot on the original PlayStation, and I went to the store with my brother to pick up the original Xbox on launch night to play Halo: Combat Evolved all night.

By far the most exciting thing for me with this acquisition outside of the obvious insane Game Pass pipeline is the incredible set of IP within the Xbox family with the developer headcount and backing to actually revive some cool things too. What a ride to get here!

17 Likes

RETVRN

5 Likes

I’m right there with you. Pitfall was one of my favorite games - and the first game where I ever entered a perfect “flow state.” I got so into the groove with that game at times it was crazy. Never quite got a perfect score, but I came pretty close a few times.

4 Likes

I’m absolutely sat with tears streaming down my face laughing at some of the ridiculousness this deal has predictably precipitated.

My favourite is someone posting that this deal has potentially tipped them over the edge and they can’t continue. Followed up by a classic rant about their mental health and a hated of everything Xbox exacerbating their mental health issues…and then this deal is the final straw.

You can’t make it up. I’m honestly laughing. It’s beyond ridiculous.

10 Likes

Sony will be forced to respond.

Any minute now.

7 Likes

Never seen so many grown adults whine about the thought of buying an Xbox now. I mean, I don’t particularly like Sony or PlayStation but I still own a PS5 to play the games that are exclusive that I want to play.

9 Likes

But…but… muh consolidation?

Still waiting for showcase 2.

4 Likes

This is the real lowkey “get” here for Xbox. They gain a metric fuckload of experienced developers both on the PC and console side.

2 Likes

To think MS now has both the publisher and developer of Quake 4 under the same umbrella ( Bethesda and Raven Software ).

10 Likes