BREAKING: Microsoft has officially acquired Activision-Blizzard-King

https://x.com/klobrille/status/1712891029580394627?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

9 Likes

Kinda confusing that Blizzard took so much space on that picture.

Don’t cancel gamescom what they did this year was epic and it’s a fantastic way to get back into Europe

1 Like

I actually forgot that it was basically a Developer talk.

I still think that once they have a proper pipeline (now) they don’t need to announce games that are years away (especially new IP) and announce games closer to release. That way the shows are still awesome, everything is gameplay, and it is less disruptive to the development process.

9 Likes

That’s because they have so many teams and it’s hard for Klob to fit them all in and it looks like he started to split up separate teams within a studio which makes sense, some tiles have two games and it’s still extremely hard to read lmao, just too many.

1 Like

Their booth was massive and Sony was nowhere to be seen Microsoft can sneak back into Europe in a big way like they might try in Japan while Sony isn’t paying attention. The funny thing is Microsoft can buy so much floor space that the other booths are small :sweat_smile: that’s something Sony would do.

1 Like

Fanboys: “This deal is anti competitive and doesn’t benefit PlayStation gamers and dev teams at all, because we won’t be able to play it in our favorite platform anymore, it’s unfair.”

Also Fanboys: “ sees the CWA unionization stuff, then ignores it”, and then says, “there is gonna be layoffs so the devs won’t benefit”.

Lol, can’t with some folks

10 Likes

I absolutely agree. A quarterly showcase would be perfect. Scheduled for March, June, September, and December. This is a good communication rhythm to keep attention on the Xbox ecosystem. They could even associate themes with it. For example, the September one could be focused on Japanese games for the TGS. This would be relevant if SEGA and Square are the next acquisitions.

Wow I read someone post that was basically ranting beyond ranting. I was thinking of posting here but better off to just leave it alone. I still maintain that this move is far more positive than simply leave it alone. Only real negative is Bobby granted a golden parachute, but that’s economy for ya.

3 Likes

The best one is “ this is a dark day for gamers” or “ this deal is bad for gamers everyone no one should cheer” followed by “which publisher should Sony buy to respond” or “Sony has to respond and buy X studio” lol can’t even make it up. Another hilarious thing is the acting like the games are dying (as in can never play again) because Xbox owns them now as if they can purchase a Xbox or PC to continue to play them, they would rather stop playing them all together than be seen purchasing a Xbox ICK.

7 Likes

Xbox two about to start.

Let’s begin the celebration.

5 Likes

Xbox should make a (small budget) DOOM 1993 throwback game (keep the retro/pixel look) with all of their shooter IPs. Start the first level as Doomguy slaying demons, and then move to Halo fighting the Covenant, CoD throughout different time periods, Gears which would be weird in first person, Quake, Perfect Dark, and so on… Each IP gets 1-3 levels.

3 Likes

Its a dark day for Playstation, no question.

9 Likes

I found this

download.jpeg-1

7 Likes

https://x.com/xcloudtimdog/status/1712868315155009580?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

You got Evo, I got MLG.

9 Likes

Game Pass has the chance to do the funniest possible thing right now:

17 Likes

I read a post unironically talking about how now the “evil” console will have new exclusives that the “good” console won’t have. You can’t make some of this stuff up. The mask is off now, if it was ever on in the first place.

3 Likes
8 Likes

Holy shit lmao

4 Likes