Books |OT| Reading RULES

Hey, you know what makes you really cool? Cooler than cool? Reading books!

Why should I read books? Because books make you think, and thinking is awesome. They tell you amazing stories, bring you to fantastical worlds, and let you meet diverse and interesting characters. They also help you write better and help you increase your vocab.

Currently reading: Guards! Guards!

My 2020 books read:

Best book I read this year so far: Sirens of Titan.

Worst book I read this year so far: Red Son Superman or Neuromancer (really didn’t like either)

If you need tips on how to get into reading, just let me know, I love to get more people to read for fun!

EDITORS NOTE: I mostly read fiction but it’s ok to talk about nonfiction here too.

Questions: Do you read? If no how do you plan to change that in 2020. What are you reading? Favorite books?

1 Like

Books are awesome. Audio books are also awesome.

Nice OT!

I’ve been trying to get back into reading actual books, as in physical books. I’ve been on the Kindle train for the last 5-6 years and I started to miss having an actual book in my hands. I tend to read a mixture of Sc-Fi, Fantasy and Historical fiction. I also love reading non fiction books primarily about History.

I’m currently reading “America Before: The Key to Earth’s Lost Civilizations” by Graham Hancock. It’s basically alternative archeology. Most of his books are based on the premise that there are sophisticated civilizations that have been lost to history. Fascinating stuff, but a ton of conjecture.

Hi guys, I suggest you got to https://www.bookbub.com/ which i use to recommend me books which go free on kindle. I’ve built a pretty solid library with it.

I also suggest https://www.bookdepository.com/ which is pretty cheap for physical books. bought my Halo books from there as well. They have international shipping so basically the only book retailer shipping to me in Fiji

Thanks for the post, mate. I’m trying to read and am currently simultaneously reading Halo Reach physically and Chromed: Upgrade on my kindle. Favorite book is one called A Secret Kept by French author Tatiana De Rosnay. The book didn’t review well but I read it at a time in my life where it felt fit to read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I used to love reading Hardy Boys, Animorphs and Goosebumps when I was younger though.

Right now I’m going through all Halo novels.

Yes, all of them…

Want to finish them before Infinite, so the delay may be a blessing in disguise. :crazy_face: