Bonnie Ross (343 Industries) apologizes fans for Halo Infinite delay

[quote=“XBruh, post:1, topic:2275”] …image698×1024 88.2 KB [/quote] isn’t she responsible for the whole studio and therefore the entirety of the blame.

I hate to say it but you pretty much just said her leadership was bad cos it seems her decisions were wrong. I get that she is passionate about HALO but she has surrounded herself with devs not interested in the IP and pretty much made the studio more like a dept aka Windows division. She should have brought in passionate devs heck outsourced it like they did with FORZA for year with PLAYGROUND and Microsoft FLIGHT SIMULATOR with ASOBO.

1. We’re not going to personally attack industry people in this forum. Instead keep the focus on the decisions, strategies, results of things

2. I don’t agree with the philosophy that 343 took initially. Since then they’ve made massive philosophy changes (as has the entire Xbox division). I’m willing to wait for their final results.

1 Like

I’m not attacking anyone. Simply pointing out mistakes in hopes of better course correction or am i wrong in that. You pointed out things that you said are not excuses and i made a comment hoping they are addressed.

It’s not going to take that long. They can do something else for the 20th anniversary. Halo will have legs and push plenty of consoles during the holidays next year. Great word of mouth from a Spring release over the summer and fall will ensure that. :wink:

There’s certainly been mistakes. They’ve admitted as much. Changes were made. We all hope they were the right changes. We’ll see next year.

1 Like

I’m sure they will ,the gameplay looked great. I would luv for it to be next-gen only though.

Dude i liked what i saw the gameplay was great and looked fun i would however like the next time we see it for it to be next-gen only.

There’s been too much money poured into it along with it being promised for current gen console owners so I see no way they can forgo current gen Xbox. It’s not just console sales. They’ll want to be able to hit a wide range of PCs especially for the multiplayer. Maybe expansions in a couple years end up raising the bar on baseline specs.

That said, sandbox looked great. Well beyond anything in Halo 4 or 5. Very excited about the gameplay potential. As long as Microsoft makes no commitments, they can push this back a full year if they need to.

2 Likes

It seams hard to determine. They said they where delaying. But they didn’t give firm reasons other than Chris lee saying the quality wasn’t up to snuff and Phil saying he didn’t want to launch parts of the game separately.

If the goal is to get the campaign and multiplayer more polished, and have all game modes available at launch than yes a February or March release date makes sense.

If the goal to have The above, raytracing at launch(remember they said before it was going to be post launch) change textures to show more detail, fix the pop in, fix explosions, make skyboxes look good, make the world less lifeless, make the vegetation like the trees look better. If that’s the goal than I wouldn’t expect the game till September-November next year. Basically if they want the game to look noticeably better I don’t think a spring release will be doable.

I’m not sure which I want. Part of me wants them to wait till September-nov and make it look better. But idk if I can wait that long. I’m thirsting hard for a new game. I do agree with digital foundry though in that I hope they drop the Xbox one version.

Campaign is content complete, means anything being done is for the graphical upgrades that were going to be coming post launch. Multiplayer modes/features were on the chopping block to get it out in time and instead it will be one coherent 1.0 package they’re more proud of.

1 Like

I think they could drop the Xbox one version without it being the end of the world. Especially if it’s delayed to summer or later. They are already letting all gamepass ultimate users have xcloud right? Expand that to all gold users, and I don’t get what the big deal is.

I understand that infinite is also on pc but the cpu in Xbox one should be well under minimum spec. The man hours being spent to get the game out on the one could relocated to getting the other versions polished.

From watching that gameplay reveal they are having one to 2 issues or a combination of both. 1) the engine has some major issues like frostbite. 2) putting it on Xbox one is causing huge problems and holding the game back.

Jeff grub on the show. Start watching at the 18 minute mark or so. They all agree including him that it will come out summer or later.

Well I’ve said 3-6 months which is february to may and I feel confident in that.

1 Like

You mean queen.

I will be talking about this in the news video that will be posted later on the Xbox era channel. I am all for the delay. Visually the demo felt flat and uninteresting. A good 6 months to a year could massively help the game especially during the pandemic.

You had 5 years and the best specced console to work with plus what seems to be an unlimited budget for the game . The game’s first showing should have been a killzone E32005 moment, only this time with real gameplay instead of CGI masquerading as gameplay. Apology not accepted.

Oh and for the love of God, the game should have a photorealistic look, I thought it would look like how master chief looked at the small clip during XSX debut at the GA.

Halo series have NEVER been for photo realistic the series has always had a stylized look

3 Likes

Yea same here a spring/summer release is likely

That’s not same. He is saying winter/spring