Bloober Team working on a Well known Horror IP

I love Bloober, I do not care if their games scores mediocre on Meta-critic their games always resonate with me and they are one of my Favorite developers. I’m very excited to see what they do with another Famous horror IP, I loved Blair Witch

People on other forums are speculating this is Silent hill related, would be cool if it is as MS has a 3 game deal with them and they have one more remaining so it would be Irony if Bloober is working on a Silent Hill timed Exclusive for Xbox.

Either way MS needs to seal the deal and buy this developer, they have proved their worth and gives xbox a really good horror Game dev in their pocket.

He adds, “In fact, we’ve been working for more than a year on another gaming project, another horror IP, and we’re doing this with a very famous gaming publisher. I can’t tell you who. I can’t tell you what the project is, but I’m pretty sure when people realize we’re working on it, they will be very excited.”

7 Likes

Screams Silent Hill.

2 Likes

The Medium was essentially a love letter to Silent Hill… so it makes sense to me, and I think they passed the test personally.

6 Likes

People are weird about Bloober probably cause of their closes ties to Xbox, but their output has been great. Going back to having Layers of Fear on the Xbox preview program I’ve really enjoyed each and every game they have made recently and I think they are the best Dev in the Horror Genre.

2 Likes

What is the chance that it is exclusive ? I hope it’s multiplat. I mean : a Silent Hill Xbox exclusive would be weird and PS exclusive would be excruciating. I hope it’s multiplat, because of Bloober and those involved.

Still, it’s intriguing. After the Kojima project, eyes will be wide open on this one. I’m glad that Bloober talent is recognized.

Who knows, MS is said to have a 3 games deal with Bloober, Blair Witch and The Medium are the first 2 so potentially one more game remaining, maybe this is the 3rd game and if so will probably be timed exclusive.

I hope MS drops the teases and just buys them outright, great Dev that make unique games

3 Likes

Because how Bloober games are designed with a lot of walking and less fighting I would guess it’s Fatal Frame.

1 Like

I cant wait till we have Silent Hill face-offs where Indi studio Bloober goes up against a Sony Japan game and somehow Xbox gets blamed for something.

3 Likes

“Is Microsoft borrowing IP and destroying them?”

It would be funny if Bloober game end up better then Sony Japan game haha

I don’t want to imagine that. PS fans were waiting for that reboot for a long long time. It would be crazy !

Guys, I am seeing comments talking about how this “prominent japanese developer” could be Tango Gameworks. Oh lord lmaoooo if that ends up true. Probably won’t be exclusive, but at least it has a chance to not skip Xbox.

3 Likes

Could you imagine if its Tango and Bloober

4 Likes

A few options…

There are multiple Silent Hill games in the works, including a Japanese team and Bloober Team.

Bloober is working on something else that may have been long silent like:

*Fatal Frame

*Condemned

Also, I’d argue Layers of Fear is one on the more prominent horror IPs of recent years (mainly due to lack of competition), so it could be a 3. Not to mention VR support gave the games new audience.

Just imagine if both became exclusive to Xbox/Pc that shit would be funny

Surely I’m not the only one who thought Condemned rather than Silent Hill?

Would be one of the Sega Ip that would make me happy hahaha

1 Like

Yea Condemned would be awesome

wasn’t Condemned made by Monolith, the Mordor games developer? Lol would be very interesting.

The studio that made Condemned eventually made a game which led to a patent, now Bloober is making Condemned after patenting their dual world stuff on The Medium.

(Patents on game mechanics are fucking horrible btw).

Yeah, that Monolith was the developer. I don’t know if Monolith or SEGA owns the IP but I don’t think it should be ruled out as a possibility.