Biomutant (Open World Action RPG)

Sounds like it for XSX too then, unless the dev did up the res for Xbox Series and PS5.

They are meant to be releasing footage of the game running on PS5 and SX this week. It’s not a native version but they say it will ‘run better’ whatever that means.

1 Like

Perhaps it’s not locked 60fps and definitely on XSX and PS5, but still with 1080p, which would be disappointing really. I’m in no rush to buy it anyway, so hopefully they’ll come with a proper patch or version later.

I’m waiting to see what differences there are on next gen versions. As they said they would show footage you assume something more than ‘it just hits 60’ more but hard to see what given there is no native next gen version. I guess perhaps they could unlock the resolution but no idea if their engine would allow that.

I’m interested in playing it but waiting to see what the details are and whether a native next gen version will arrive. Don’t think they’ve ever definitively said a next gen version will hit later and one assumes it will depend on sales.

1 Like

The real disappointement is parity between PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, seriously?

1 Like

On paper yes, but I would hold off on judgement until we see frame rate analysis because it might be the case that the One X is able to get a harder lock on 60fps.

No way One X and PS4 Pro should have the same target, I already smell lazy Xbox optimisation.

not really parity just because the target resolution and fps is same, the settings on both may be different and several people were noticing One X footage to look superior in some ways, so there’s that.

People really need to stop jumping on numbers as the be all and end all. Especially target FPS numbers. It’s annoying.

2 Likes

At this point there isn’t going to be much difference because devs are favouring Series XS optimisation over one X

Shame the One X is being shafted big time because outside of the poor CPU and obvious HDD its a beast of a console. But its also gimped by the Base Xbox one and S.

It won’t. Not sure why everyone assumes every 3rd party is going to hit Gamepass

Where did I say I can’t wait to play this day 1 on Game Pass without a doubt it’s coming everyone get excited no way it doesnt!!

I was just saying I honestly i think it could hit Game Pass day 1 because legit no one is talking about it I’ve seen zero talk about it and didn’t even know it was coming out until this thread was made. New IP no excitement around the game really and I’m talking youtube, twitter and reddit the usual places.

So it’s not ok for me to say that but it’s ok for everyone to hope and beg for Battlefield 6 you know the massive AAA shooter that a lot of people buy every year, because it’s a rumour. I guess I’ll have to become a secret insider to talk about games coming to game pass.

If it was coming to Game Pass they’d have to say it well before release or most of the people that pre-ordered would be pissed off that they didn’t.

Well I did make the comment 3 weeks out from the launch of this game which is longer than the Outriders announcement, I don’t think it’s coming since it’s only like a week away. Again 3 weeks out I said I think it could come, the announcement didn’t come so it probably won’t. I’m not sure why people are bringing up a comment I made nearly two weeks ago, I wasn’t stating it as fact it was coming.

1 Like

Gotcha, I think people are a bit stir crazy lately. Just need E3 to come already so things can calm down.

Yeah the ups and downs of Starfield I think, first it was 2021 and a big blowout at E3 now it’s going to be a short trailer and won’t be out to next year haha.

And the truth is, we have no idea about it. As far as BioMutant though I know this, it looks awesome and I hope we get a code so I can review it!

1 Like

As if that ever calms anyone down :smiley:

3 Likes

My “suspend” button is ready, though to keep it on topic, I highly doubt I’ll need it for this thread!

1 Like

Sorry about that. I know it didn’t seem like you were just assuming it’d come to Game Pass but I had seen people on Twitter and whatnot just expect these things to happen, which led me to make the comment (a general one). I was a bit irritated and wasn’t thinking clear yesterday.

1 Like