Bethesda is working on a five-year internal Roadmap for Fallout 76

We sit down with Bethesda to discuss the 2022 roadmap for Fallout 76, revisiting The Pitt, and the team’s five-year plan.

Another website asked about the next-gen upgrade and it’s considered as a long-term plan:

(translated by Google):

5 Likes

How big is BGS Austin?

I may pick it up again down the road, but I felt like I was lagging behind most other players in terms of leveling and gear and the grind just felt like way too much. But this was like 2 or 3 years ago when the game was in its death throes before Bethesda righted the ship.

Too much good stuff right now, though. But kudos to them for really turning this game around and committing to improving it.

Around 100 people I believe. But they’re also working on Starfield (and some job listing last year pointed to Austin working on an unnanounced game but I don’t know if it was a mistake or maybe it was a support role for another team at Bethesda).

I thought the latest roadmap was proof Bethesda is itching to kill this game though!

7 Likes

According to some personalities who don’t know how to make comparisons to roadmaps as far out as last year :wink:

5 Likes

Well, if you decide to, ping me; my wife and I love helping out new/returning players. The community overall is one of the best out there in that regard.

This game’s death is like the death scene from Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie… it just goes on forever… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

WHERE IS MY LOOT YOU TEASE?!

1 Like

I hope one of them is engine upgrade

Fallout New Vegas sequel must be 2027-28

Engine upgrade ain’t gonna save those terrible character models lol

I was definitely raising an eyebrow when Matty was declaring this game dead due to its recent roadmap - it made me concerned for the games health seeing as he has infinitely more Fallout knowhow than I do.

Good to see my scepticism vindicated.

But I thought that Creation Engine 2 had quite nice character updates no?

I don’t think they are going to remake Fallout 76

Probably. Would be nice though. Would last a generation .

I feel like it was one of those, “think it into existence” predictions with the hope of the game dying so that Fallout 5 might come out sooner.

1 Like

Whenever they released a update for XSX I’ll go give it a chance for real.

When the hell are you going to ping me when you’re online?! Shoot….

Wow… great reference. Excuse me while I go watch the credits again…