Battlefield 2042

You can though see why some were turned off going from BF4 to 1 and V especially. V is so dominated by either sniping or movement based gunplay that it feels very fast paced. I like that but guess some see it as ‘not Battlefield’. 4 is markedly different from any shooter at the time I guess in terms of gunplay.

Almost makes me think you’ll never unite those who hate the current gunplay model with those who love it. Especially I guess on controller where the differences are most pronounced.

I didnt really click with BF1 and never even tried V. I should probably download and give it a go.

V is definetely more fast paced. And I love that about it

Best movement and shooting mechanics the series has ever had

Not as good in the Maps, or vehicle play department though

1 Like

Agree completely. What’s your favourite BF game? For me it was 3. So many memories on those maps.

1 Like

Think I put the most time into BF3. If its just about the maps, controversial choice would be Bad Company 2. Love those maps.

1 Like

Bad Company 2 is my choice

If I was going back to play the older ones. I’d go 4, then 3, then BC2

At the time though, Bad Company 2 was magical. Great MP and Campaign alike

1 Like

Rumors out there that BF2042 will feature a mode that has a lot of remastered old maps. Bad Company 2 map playlist !

That’s what this was about…

1 Like

They better be, the game is ludicrously expensive compared to other AAA shooters, they should offer something substantial imo.

But nothing offers the Battlefield experience in the genre so I dont think the core fans care that much as long as the game is good coming from 1 and 5 lol.

Not gonna be hard to top either of those.

1 Like

They will cater only core fans with this type of pricing and marketing, even Activision realized they should offer a f2p mode alongside the regular product. I’ve seen many streams of the announcement and the constant was the question 'is f2p?".

I think Battlefield will have a ftp Battle Royal come out as a seperate release early next year. Just like how COD did it

Sure it will be launching in Game Pass so dont worry about it :slight_smile:

At the moment it is 62 euro with EA Access. I suppose it is all about how you equate value. I have put hundreds of hours into Battlefield games, far more than I have with other games of similar price point.

I think they really have to show that removing single player has given them more resources on the MP side. So far it looks promising.

After like a year maybe on EA Play sure but this game trending well enough that it doesnt need gamepass … just like every other big AAA game that doesnt hit the service day 1.

The Battlefield community is more excited for this game than any BF game I can remember - whilst lots were pumped for 4 this has greater engagement since people haven’t had a great BF game for a while. The price for the hours most will play the game is absolutely a snip. The snobbish attitude about MP only games and pricing needs to stop. There is way more value in a good MP game than just a bog standard SP romp like uncharted or whatever. Way more hours, way more fun, and far more variety. And they sell. Battlefield games sell and this one will sell too. The online gaming community mindset like this is so out of whack with the reality of what people want to play its unreal. Even BFV which was hated as a title sold 7,3M copies in its first 6 weeks. And that was a flop.

1 Like

This one will beat BF5 sales with ease. I remember how BF5 was poorly marketed and many people were just unimpressed with another WW2 game.

1 Like

Beta release date is the only answer I want.

Downloaded BF5 to finally give it a try, just not feeling it at all. The maps are just muddled messes.

Back to BF4 for me.

1 Like

Jackfrags with some intersting tidbits taken from some recent dev comments

Regarding the movement thing, I’ve actually been thinking about this one myself. So many people are suddenly getting back to BF4, or trying it for the first time, right now. But I think that may hinder some people when they jump in to 2042 next October, at least at first. Because the movement feel and abilities will be so different, as will I’m sure the shooting mechanics and overall bullet velocity

BFV will be a much more similar feel in these departments, which…I know, I know. Most of you guys are like BFV, bleh! But trust me, this will be a good thing. The thing I love about BFV is it’s movement and shooting mechanics. Throw those in a modern/near future setting, with bigger maps, and a dedication to multiplayer only and…hoo, hoo. We are in for a gem