Battlefield 2042

Hmmmm… I really do need to get to the chopper lol.

My jet is ready

Tom Cruise 80S GIF

1 Like

Better make sure I am not on the opposite team to shoot you down :wink:.

No one can take me down while I’m blasting some Ace Combat ost through my headphones.

But you can try.

My anti-air rockets are ready

Sunglasses Osu GIF by Ohio State Athletics

2 Likes

Challenge accepted. :stuck_out_tongue:

GIF by Top Gun

2 Likes

I guess we could call this… A battlefield.

2 Likes

Or love

…which is apparently a battlefield

2 Likes

LOL This game is going to be insane

So trailer has made me fire back up BF4

I am still shite though, except now I am shite and I have forgotten which weapons I liked.

My best guess…

1 Like

I logged back into Battlelog to find out which guns I used the most. AEK in BF3 but ACE 23 in BF4…

Mine were the MTAR-21, PP2000 and MK11. Used them for Engineer a ton. Which was easily my most used class

1 Like

will try out MTAR-21 later :+1:

I liked the M416 I think. And ACE 23. I’ve been playing BF4 a bit recently to get ready for 2042 - I do think though I struggle with it because I’ve become so used to the movement and style of BFV. I basically can run and gun all day long in BFV as a medic because its just so easy - the gun mechanics support that sort of play. But BF4 is just much more a slower tactical game I find - you get far more penalised for moving and shooting regardless of setup - or at least that’s just my experience.

1 Like

You do really need to not move your legs to get an accurate shot. You can swivel and snap in to your shot, all you want. But if you’re strafing, it will not be accurate

I learned that when trying to get good withscoring headshots with the little Scout bolt action with iron sights. You really have to stop moving and let it settle. While flicking your aim is fine. Just how it was in BF4

Which I think could be a hinderance to some people playing so much BF4 now. When they do first play 2042, I imagine it will be more BFVish in the shooting and movement mechanics, which could throw some people off

Yep thanks for confirming my suspicion. I used to be really good at BF4 but I think BF1 and BFV changed my style considerably. I play BFV very aggressively in the main. Even with the rifles you can flank and what not and do well. BF4 even with an SMG you need to play tactically. I sort of remember now why Levelcap etc always said there is no point using an SMG in BF4 and now I get it.

1 Like

I have started to question whether I was ever good at BF4

It’s weird going back to it from BFV

People love to bitch about things like visability and camping in BFV and then I jump back on BF4 and both of those things are easily worse in that one. Nostalgia is a powerful deceiver

2 Likes