Back 4 Blood Review/OT - It's.... ok on console

Anyone else getting random controller disconnects?

Or a Huge Embarrassing L. Considering the same devs made both games.

https://twitter.com/TurtleRock/status/1447986644834033672?s=20

6 Likes

I’m pleasantly surprised with what I’ve played thus far.

4 Likes

Seems like another solid addition to Game Pass. Will probably play this after I am done with the Artful Escape (just started).

People who act like this is budget L4D are being delusional with their nostalgia, no exception. It’s fine to like the maps or characters or special zombies or simpler feel of L4D more, but it’s the same devs who made tons of smart changes to the formula and made a boatload of new content.

B4B is an enormous game compared to L4D content wise.

6 Likes

So it was out. I wasn’t wrong. Early Access counts because it can be legally played.

Also its hilarious how this game has a higher review score than Far Cry 6. B4B looks like a game in BEta still. Ubisoft fell off hard lately.

1 Like

L4D is like a 360 generation series. Of course a more modern take will have more content. The game still feels a bit dated in some aspects. But Maybe I’m just biased against FPS games in general.

Uh, a game being a few generations newer does not mean it has “more content”. Plenty of new games come out lacking content, this one does not. Your point makes no sense to me.

5 Likes

I mean the same type of game. Made by virtually the same people. I’m not comparing other types of games. And genrlally they’re bigger and more ambitious regardless. This type of game is easier to do more content.

Everytime a fast paced shooter comes out people say it controls bad on controller. Same shit for every FPS game release. I’ll be honest. I haven’t played a FPS with Keyboard and mouse since Unreal Tournament on my now ancient old Windows XP Desktop. I’m sure its more accurate. I just prefer controller for games period.

Far Cry 6 is fast paced, it plays great with default settings. This is definitely not something universal.

1 Like

I’ve enjoyed a lot of what I’ve played so far. Got to play with friends tonight and had a great time.I think the levels I’ve played so far are well paced and varied. The card system is a fun way to change things up. Not the perfect game as I have seen some bugs but have had a great time so far.

I like the multiplayer versus mode a lot.

Game is fun. It’s not grabbing me in the same way Left 4 Dead once did but I’m enjoying my time with it.

I played last night - hadn’t touched the beta or anything. Had a lot of fun. Reminded me of course of the L4D days and a couple of friends I have on the Xbox were playing this so was great to catch up with them and run through some levels.

I think its great. But it just feels like L4D updated and I’m not sure that is enough to survive now and because we’ve done this before the surprise or shock elements of the game aren’t there. Its still an absolute blast.

But playing it mainly had me thinking - man I bet Redfall is going to be really really great.

Played it last night with some friends and confirmed what I said the previous day in that a co-op game has to be really bad for you not to have some fun if you play it with other people you know.

Not to say the game is bad, because it is not bar the subpar controls and we had a good time, but it further highlights that co-op games gel very well with Game Pass, because we all got a copy through it and so were able to play together.

The most 6/10 game I’ve played all year. Won’t be touching this again until I can play this with my friends.

My wife and I gave up at The Devil’s Crossing section in Act 1. We just want to play by ourselves but the game obviously doesn’t scale difficulty so we had a neverending horde on us constantly and the bots would be doing stupid shit like constantly trying to heal us, which slows your movement. Then there’s that neverending horde; every time a zombie is hitting you? That slows your movement, too. We also had no idea what we were meant to be doing, because the UI is terrible. When we eventually got the explosives planted, all the aforementioned things meant we got blown up on the boat and failed the run.

This is legitimately the worst game I’ve played in a long time. It feels like shit, there are so many bad design choices in the gameplay and UI and if you’re playing with any combination of bots and players that isn’t 4 people, you may as well not bother.

is this game okay to play solo?

Nah, you’re gonna wanna matchmake. Or use LFG.

1 Like