Back 4 Blood Review/OT - It's.... ok on console

Interesting review, I agree that the beta controls on console were decent but definitely missed the “quick turn” that was so useful in the L4D series. Is there any console split screen for local co-op? Super disappointing that you have to go online for progression, achievements and unlocking character…

I just played a couple hours. I adjusted the sensitivity a bit, but I didn’t find it nearly as bad as you did to wrestle with. Feels alright to me.

Playing with only one friend and two bots (you can set it to private) and the progression is working for us.

I like it, but I think I may like World War Z alittle better.

1 Like

Yeah the progression thing with at least one friend isn’t too bad, but for anyone looking to go solo at all you’re pretty much screwed out of achievements/unlocks. I adjusted things too and got it to simply feel kinda bad instead of the unusable mess it is by default.

Sounds like they’re gonna change things for solo players soon. Weird way for them to handle things.

It doesn’t feel bad to me anymore, after adjusting a few things. Pretty average, but that’s just me.

2 Likes

The amount of levels is staggering…33 and there are some really unique ones even in just Act 1. I think the aim is fine but that no solo progress is really lame.

Also if you want to turn this game into Vermintide, play as Holly and use the card that heals you on melee kill. Works on both recruit and veteran very well.

1 Like

Turtle Rock at this point is either joining with the worst people out of luck of deliberately doing the most r***** takes possible like Bungie post Microsoft.

Game was fun to play at beta, but definetely too many small issues that end up making a snowball, it feels like that TRS was only great because they had Valve co developing the games, it’s like Rare before SoT was criticized for not having their golden days quality as they did under Nintendo because they send their key guys to supervise and help in development with external developers. TRS could have nailed like Rare did with SoT on its second year and beyond, but they managed to repeat the same mistakes as Evolve.

Let’s… not.

2 Likes

Sorry for the rant, but i’m really mad at how developers who left for better prospects end up doing worse than they were previously, I can forgive Evolve at the first try, but doing a second and being so obvlious at issues reported back in alpha, a six month delay, and etc. It shows how out of touch they are even with the players they’re trying to woo “from the makers of Left 4 Dead”.

The review is pretty much accurate of what i’ve experienced, it its fun to play, but the lore is bland, the special infected aren’t memorable and its even difficult to identify who they are so you are aware of what kind of attack they do, the birds collision detection is so big that even making an effort to evade fails. TRS has the IP and its missing the chance to get the most financial security possible.

Does this have a 120 FPS mode on Xbox, I’m getting my 4K 120fps monitor in a couple days.

Nope.

1 Like

I really having a blast with B4B.

Nothing special about it, it’s a nice and honest successor to L4D and I really think he nailed what make those games great.

I just hope the game don’t get too repetitive, but an hour in and I loved every second of it. The game feels really good to play.

1 Like

My buddies can’t play until Wednesday. 2 questions, how is playing with Randoms and how does it work if I play some missions and then want to go back to play with my frirnds

The more I play this the more I realize how well designed this game is. All characters have useful traits, all weapons are good for different reasons, the card system is actually amazingly fun to think of builds, the campaign is THIRTY THREE levels long and the majority of them have an obviously unique aspect. The fact that this is on gamepass on release is pretty staggering.

Yep, it would have been a solid 8 for me if it controlled better on console.

1 Like

You’ll probably want to just start from mission 1 with your friends even if some of you were further ahead.

1 Like

You can choose whatever mission you’ve unlocked at any time, easy enough. Complete the first 4 and you get the other 4 cleaners unlocked as well.

1 Like

This game feels great to play on controller and looks a lot better than what I was seeing on youtube.

1 Like

Played the first 4 missions last night. Had a good time just playing with randoms. Didn’t have a problem with aiming other than one smg was kind of bad. The rest of the guns seemed fine to me.

Violence