Back 4 Blood Review/OT - It's.... ok on console

It’s bad with 2 people. I can only imagine how bad it is solo.

1 Like

I love it with 2 people :man_shrugging:

And that’s cool; I’m glad someone’s enjoying this game. But from my experience, the game is clearly balanced for four human players and nothing else and even then, the game still feels horrible to play for me and still has many design choices with the gameplay and UI that I can’t overlook.

Alright. Sorry it hit you that badly.

Sorry, I’m not trying to have a go or tell you you shouldn’t be enjoying it. Clearly I’m in the minority, as most people seem to love it or at least think it’s ok.

Hm, controls feel a bit… floaty (Series X).

1 Like

The game is very easy with bots on recruit…sorry you had a rough go of it.

I’m having serious issues find a lobby for my specific point in Act 2. I can’t just play solo either because supply points are disabled bizarrely. I did queue into a random game prior to the point I was at and made until the end of the act, but apparently that didn’t count towards my own progression. Turtle Rock really bungled this aspect of the game unless I’m missing something.

Yes they did, only the host progresses. it sucks

2 Likes

Why so many randoms wanna speedrun levels? Lol! Slowdown my guys.

2 Likes

The Left 4 Dead hangover effect. Hopefully they soon realize it’s not that game.

3 Likes

Tried this last night through GP. Got to 1-2 on Recruit and the randoms I were playing with could not take down the Ogre that appears at the beginning of the level.

The deck stuff is a neat concept, but being stuck with only 1 card in the beginning while having a 7/15 deck is just felt like an artificial handicap to me. I don’t have much experience with card-based games so maybe this is typical?

I didn’t experience issues with the controls…it just took a few minutes of fine-tuning to get it to a comfortable point. Problem for me was that the game just wasn’t that fun in the introductory portion. It felt like I was fighting against the game’s systems before I even had a second to adjust.

you get a card to start each level as you do a run so you progressively get more and more powerful

You play more cards as you progress on each run.

Been enjoying what I’ve played. I don’t have issues with the controls, feels great and much better than then beta. Just needed to tweak the zoom sensitivity down a notch and was great. The card system adds an interesting spin on the genre, I just hope they don’t fit in MTX cards later on. The level design is good so far and the director system does a pretty good job keeping things fresh. Just not so sure on the special zombies. They are fine but are repeated too often while also lacking in variety for some monsters.

Fun game overall. Would be worth a purchase if they fix some of the bugs and add progression to the single player mode.

1 Like

Are you playing on Series X, or PC?

Installed it just for the MS rewards and uninstalled it soon after I got it done. Really hated it, everything screams an unfinished cashgrab game surfing on nostalgia. #Back2Bin. Won’t be missed.

1 Like

Oh god I know right. No chance to grab loot or copper or some gadgets to play with

1 Like

Oh god, really? I hate that.

1 Like

“Back2Bin” damn yall ruthless with this shit :hocho::hocho::hocho::joy:

2 Likes