Atlus wants to know if players want their games on Xbox

Full Article (credit to gamerant)

Atlus is gauging interest from players about expanding its platform focus. In a recently released survey, the company is checking if Xbox consoles may be worth investing in with ports and future releases.

Within the Japanese survey on question 55, fans noticed a new addition to the list of platforms mentioned. The survey now features an “Xbox” option, a first in Atlus’ long tradition of sending out yearly surveys

One thing to note is that the survey was a Japanese language only survey thus limiting the amount of reach. If Atlus is serious about Xbox ports it should survey it’s western audience.

5 Likes

Within the Japanese survey on question 55, fans noticed a new addition to the list of platforms mentioned. The survey now features an “Xbox” option, a first in Atlus’ long tradition of sending out yearly surveys

This is just baffling to me lol, that they didn’t even acknowledge the platform in these questionnaires until now

3 Likes

Man I’d kill for Xbox ports of Persona 3/4/5. Persona 4 on PS2 is one of my most fondly remembered gaming experiences ever.

6 Likes

Answered Xbox for everything :partying_face:

6 Likes

It will be very interesting when XCloud will launch in Japan with XSX blades :heart_eyes:

Hell yeah. I never understood why developers never bothered with XBox despite releasing on PC and the API being very similar to the Windows SDK. It even makes less sense when the engine used is CryEngine, Unreal Engine or Unity.

I don’t care about the cringe games myself, but I know they have their niche audience and should definitely be on Xbox.

:neutral_face:

1 Like

Yes. However I prefer TMS over Persona :smirk:

1 Like

Cringe in what way?

1 Like

So let me get this straight… they’re asking their Japanese fans (who don’t have and/or care about Xbox) whether they want their games on Xbox? Gee, I wonder what the results of that particular question are going to be. :smile:

9 Likes

This was my first thought.

This is my second.

No idea how I’m supposed to fill out that form and I’m too lazy to use machine translators. Do it or don’t, this “ask us to sell you games” thing japanese devs do is completely bizarre.

3 Likes

Atlus is notoriously out of touch. This is exactly the kind of thing they’d do.

How do we contribute with our answers?

It’s Japanese language only. So you have to use a translator.

1 Like

Hell yes I would

Use the built in translator in your browser. Worked for me for most questions just fine in Edgium.

2 Likes

You definitely don’t lose a chance to shit on Japanese games do you? like what is even the point on doing that for the 10th time now? :thinking:

Back on topic I hope that we will see some Persona games on Xbox this year. More games available on the system can be only a good thing.

4 Likes

I tried looking for the question :

Do you want MS to buy Sega?

3 Likes