Assassin's Creed Valhalla patch incoming, 60fps being added to Xbox Series S

Now the narrative is that Microsoft paid Ubisoft to degrade the performance on the PS5 :rofl:

3 Likes

I am actually hearing the Screen Tearing is still not fixed…

There is some, but it’s not as bad. PS5 is suffering after the update though.

I am getting it as a xmas gift next month so hopefully another patch comes

The 60fps mode on Series X actually looks even better now. Seems like they added more graphical effects to go along with it.

And now the PS5 is suffering because of it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1 Like

To my eyes they’ve lowered the resolution and LOD on series X. It’s blurrier in towns now where tearing was worse but tearing still exists to some extent. If you go to a less populated area it looks the same but definitely blurrier in heavy load areas. PS5 FPS issues is a bug.

And DF in their video suggested the lower the resolution bound below 1440p on series X to resolve the tearing and Linneman has said that they did what DF suggested.

EDIT: To clarify to my eyes what they’ve done is the right thing and the visual hit very very minor. To the point of irrelevance. But I guess some will be upset that visuals take a tiny hit whilst tearing still not gone entirely.

Bugs in COD, bugs in AC, so everything has a bug for the ps5 ? Whatever.

Anyway playing quality mode and it looks fantastic and much better than the performance mode. So sweet. I don’t mind locked 30 fps in games like this so I am more than fine. I only want 60 fps on fighting games, racing games and maybe fps, I can live with 30 fps on action adventure games.

There is hardly any visual difference though between the quality and performance modes…

1 Like

Sure , whatever…

I switched between them and really did think the 30FPS mode underwhelming for the loss of 30 frames. A bit sharper but not like say the high frame rate mode in ROTTR vs Image Quality or whatever where you could definitely see huge differences.

I guess at 30 you lose all the tearing though…

You truly see a big difference? I hate that you can’t just switch on the fly and that you have to reboot the game for it. If you were able to quickly switch between the modes the difference would be easier to notice. When I switched yesterday the only difference immediately noticeable was the lowered framerate. Crazy.

1 Like

BTW Guys is the game with the update running on Durango profile ?

Valhalla makes you reboot? Yakuza actually switches on the fly which is neat.

1 Like

This whole thing is 100% hysterical, not more than a few days ago Sony faithful were trying to brew up internet wide narratives that the XSX was under powered and MS made huge mistakes with hardware.

This latest patch showed very easily that software bugs can easily hamper and dramatically change the performance of a game irregardless of how powerful the hardware is.

It’s like EVERY time in the last year Sony fans want to create some devastating new narrative against the Xbox it just blows up in their face. You’d think they would stop trying by now.

3 Likes

Exactly. I mean its clear that Xbox GDK/API’s have some work to get the bugs ironed out and achieve full performance. But the minor differences we see are neither here nor there.

I personally don’t see there being worthwhile gaps in 3p games this time round. The machines are not orders of magnitude in difference.

1 Like

Just skipped through the segments, seems Xbox X/S is the most stable version now. But honestly it runs really well on all platforms in both modes. And with VRR on Xbox this should be flawless.

1 Like

So they’ve lowered the minimum resolution bound on SX to 1080p. Which was what I guessed. Now it has seemingly better performance than PS5 and far fewer torn frames. Let’s see what the reaction is to that. I bet suddenly all the focus will be on resolution and not torn frames. The SX rarely hits 1080p either.

2 Likes

I also said it is what Ubisoft will do because it is the quick and ‘dirty’ way to help resolve the issues.

2 Likes

Lol, you already know.

Now acting as if it always hits 1080p when it rarely goes that low. The PS5 often hits 1300p, so in actuality the Xbox is performing better here. The screen tearing is now worse on the PS5 too.

Idk what Ubisoft did… But the patch is lackluster at best

It was running on Scarlett since before the update.

There are very few games running on Durango.