Assassin's Creed Valhalla patch incoming, 60fps being added to Xbox Series S

Graphics/Performance Mode Introduction

Added an option to the game that allows players to choose between Performance or Visual Quality.

Feature breakdown:

• This option is available for Xbox Series X|S & PlayStation:registered:5.

• Choosing Performance allows the game to adapt the resolution and graphic settings to maintain 60 FPS.

• Choosing Quality enables the game to run maximum resolution and graphic settings while maintaining 30 FPS.

• Default values since the launch of the game are as follows:

• Xbox Series X / PlayStation: Performance

• Xbox Series S: Quality

Performance and Stability

• Improved stability and performance.
  • (Xbox Series) Improved experience on Xbox Series S | X consoles including screen tearing
7 Likes

That’s great. I’m going to see what 30 FPS looks like on series X and then go straight back to performance assuming the tearing is fixed.

5 Likes

It is

Performance and Stability

• Improved stability and performance.
  • (Xbox Series) Improved experience on Xbox Series S | X consoles including screen tearing
3 Likes

This is nice can’t wait to try it

2 Likes

Yeah but improved experience could mean anything…if 60 is smooth and not too much of a hit I will stick with that.

So we know Dirt 5, and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla are getting fixed. Now just need to wait for the patch for DMC5SE and Cold War so the doom posters can calm down.

2 Likes

Yeah but we don’t know what will be downgraded to ‘fix’ them…:wink:

Stop it

1 Like

I guarantee that a) it’s Ubisoft so the patch will break something that worked before and b) everyone will be happy with the new options and less screen tearing until Df reevaluate the game, show the series X version runs 0.000001FPS lower and then suddenly everyone will say the game is a mess, unplayable and Xbox need to say something…literally I guarantee it, :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here. Just out of curiosity I will check 30fps, because I want to see the difference. It’s probably going to be less pop in and maybe some details that honestly only truly Digital Foundry will notice. But who knows, resolution can make a big difference too.

But I doubt I can that easily go back to 30fps, because 60fps in ACV is just bliss. But there are examples of very well 30fps games like Witcher 3 where the blur or stutter isn’t nearly as bad as other games.

Buddy of mine said “wtf man, with these new systems, how can’t the quality be 60fps as well, it’s a cross gen game.” I get where he’s coming from. But it is what it is.

I haven’t once played ACV and wished it looked sharper or the graphics looked better…so I think that makes it a clear choice.

True. But the draw distance is definitely noticeable, but that’s not enough for me to go back to 30fps. I should say, downgrade my experience to 30fps, because that’s what it is for sure.

I’ve never thought the draw distance was an issue…at all…

Do you mean occasional pop in up close? Because I think even that is pretty unnoticeable, but that’s just me.

Yeah the grass popping in/being drawn in front of me, but honestly many games still have it. The latest Cyberpunk footage clearly has it too.

Will be keen to see how quality mode looks but I doubt the drop back to 30fps will be bearable after 25 hours of 60fps.

1 Like

LOTS of QoL updates aswell. Can’t wait for the patch.

I’ll probably test Quality Mode since I don’t usually notice FPS unless it drops constantly.

But that would just be silly.

Look, if they lower the resolution significantly the difference may be easier to notice. But it probably (hopefully) isn’t too severe. I like my crisp looking games. :slight_smile:

Meanwhile, at Digital Foundry:

6 Likes

I knew Series S was capable of 60fps. I might give this game a shot now.

1 Like

And that’s why you don’t judge a console based on rushed out unoptimized Ubisoft launch titles.

2 Likes