Assassin's Creed Valhalla |OT| How To Train Your Blade

Does anybody had issues with HDR in this game? I made a test just out of curiosity and turned off HDR on the xbox and the colors really popped up. I mean, it is another example of a game looking better without HDR, got same results on Tetris Effect. I have pretty standard 2016 Samsung KU7500 TV. Wondering if somebody here had a similar experience in this game.

Yep, this mission is a bug mess, you need to gather the resources to build the brewery (I had to do an incursion to get the materials), then the mission continues, but with more bugs. Ended up carring a barrel of special beer without to know where I need to retrieve it, still didnā€™t finish this mission.

Mine definitely look a lot better with hdr on. When I see the pics I take on the Xbox app Iā€™m constantly surprised at how much worse than what Iā€™m seeing

Should be my tv then, for me it is the opposite, the screenshots I take on Xbox looks better (the colors are more vivid) on SDR mode. What TV are you using?

LG B7

1 Like

Jumped back into Valhalla tonight, for the first time in a couple of weeks, just to check out the Yule festival. Itā€™s pretty cool, got to say. Nice new atmosphere in Ravensthorpe, new activities & some new gear to collect. I like it.

As an aside, in terms of user interface & heads up display, itā€™s like night & day going from Cyberpunk to Valhalla. Itā€™s such a relaxing feeling to go back to a clean, clear design where I can actually read everything without squinting, for example.

Edit: & Iā€™m done. Forgot how much of a repetitive chore this game was. Iā€™m not even seeing this through to the end credits, itā€™s mind numbing. At least Cyberpunk had a good story that went somewhere & ended well!

Started Assassinā€™s Creed Valhalla earlier today and holy crap, itā€™s a massive game. Iā€™m barely halfway through the opening area where you have to sail to.

Movement and controls are definitely much less fluid than Odyssey was which is disappointing. Not a fan of the new setup where you can no longer mark enemies using in this case, the Raven and thereā€™s no way points unless you use the compass which I have never liked in any game.

Really miss my mini-map from the older AC games and I wish you could just synchronize the viewpoints and that makes all the icons go on the map. It would be so much better.

Controller configuration wise, Valhalla has the same problem that I had with Immortals. Too many commands assigned to the same damn button. SMH.

1 Like

Iā€™m having issues with achievements popping and itā€™s driving me nuts.

I donā€™t grind for achievements but I do like to see them pop as I progress through the game and the fact that theyā€™re not is maddening.

Yeah I had to reload saves for a couple of the BASIC ones of story progression to pop up in early game.

For those that missed out on the orlog set and are interested, this seems pretty nice. The stretch goals have already helped turn this into a much better set than it originally was, and it seems like theyā€™re doing a decent set at a relatively reasonable price point.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/purearts/assassins-creed-valhalla-orlog-dice-game/posts