Arx Fatalis, original Xbox game developed by Arkane Studios, was rated in Brazil... 19 years later

Originally published at: https://xboxera.com/2021/11/07/arx-fatalis-original-xbox-game-developed-by-arkane-studios-was-rated-in-brazil-19-years-later/

The classic action-RPG Arx Fatalis, the first ever game developed by Arkane Studios, was rated in Brazil yesterday… for the original Xbox.

The game was first released in 2002 for PC and joined the Game Pass for PC catalogue back in June 2021. It was later published for Xbox by DreamCatcher Interactive in the following year, but it was never made Backwards Compatible for any of the newer consoles.

DreamCatcher would later go into administration in 2011 before all its assets were acquired by Nordic Games, which is now known as Embracer Group, the parent company of THQ Nordic.

THQ Nordic, as we know, is one of the biggest supporters of OG Xbox backards compatibility: seven games published by the company are part of the program, including the original Destroy All Humans, MX Unleashed and Red Faction II.

The rating does not confirm anything, of course, but it does add fuel to the discussion to the possibility of new backwards compatible games potentialy being made available for Xbox’s 20th anniversary. As a reminder, there is a special Xbox anniversary event scheduled for November 15th.

7 Likes

:eyes:

oh boy

This is what your FPS boost games died for most likely :grin:.

Look I have some faith for N7 day tomorrow with a late announcement on Monday that Andromeda got fps boosted :sob:

1 Like

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

1 Like

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

Joe Biden Reaction GIF

Also I swear the better BC Call of Cthulu, Return to Castle Wolfenstien and Pirates of the Caribbean

Lets die together on this hill!

1 Like

YESSSSS

Bring Dark Messiah as well

1 Like

Hopefully this is a sign more original Xbox games will get BC patches.

Sweet :yum:

I think it would be great if MS will announce during the anniversary event that all XGS/Bethesda games “lost” within OG&360 consoles are now BC. I researched a bit and that’s are the missing games from each studio:

343i: Halo 1 and Halo 2, OG Xbox games are timeless gems which anyone should play, even outside MCC.

Double Fine: EDIT nothing outside Kinect stuff which is dead.

inXile: Hunted the Demon Forge, published by Bethesda and Choplifter HD, published by Konami

Ninja Theory: Kung Fu Chaos, published by MS

Obsidian: Alpha Protocol, published by SEGA

Turn10: FM1-4, they could do it like FH1, make it BC, but only available through physical for obvious license issues.

Arkane: Arx Fatalis (self-published on pc, published by DreamCatcher on Xbox. That company disappeared, but its rights went to Embracer) and Dark Messiah, published by Ubisoft.

id Software: Quake 2, 3, 4 and Wars, Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Wolfenstein 2009. Some titles here are missing also on pc because of issues with Activision (Wolf 2009 and Quake Wars), so that could be the catch.

Roundhouse (ex Human Head): Dead Man’s Hand (an OG game published by Atari)

2 Likes

The Queen needs to return.

2 Likes

fyi The Cave is backwards compatible, i replayed it last year on my One X

1 Like

You are right, it’s only delisted.

This went onto PC game pass recently.

For those that don’t know this was supposed to be an Ultima Underworld game - and Dark Messiah is technically a sequel to this IIRC.