Anybody having extremely slow download speeds plus other issues with Xbox Series X?

I’ve had awful download speeds so far. I pay for 100Mbps but I’m getting about 20Mbps all the way down to 500kbpa. It is maddening but as it is launch day, I won’t judge until later.

1 Like

I’m having several issues.

1. If I turn my console off, the downloads and installs will stop in about 20-30 minutes.

2. Some stuff, especially DLC for Forza Horizon 4, just won’t download at all.

3. My DLC for Borderlands 3 did download and install, but isn’t recognized in the game. (EDIT: Fixed this one)

4. My downloads speeds are all over the place. Up and down like crazy.

5. I don’t think my Astro A50’s sound as good without optical audio :frowning:

You’re using instant on? Shouldn’t stop downloads but that might be a router issue - I went through a phase where this happened on the Xbox One - I would set something downloading put console into standby it would remain downloading for about 20 minutes then stop. When I changed my router I never saw this behaviour again. It could also be that with Xbox Live being hammered that as speeds slow to a crawl the DL stops entirely and can’t restart in standby for whatever reason.

Stuff not downloading is probably just XBL issues and will settle down.

Your A50’s should sound great - mine do still - but turn off the Dolby Digital processing on the headset and use atmos or DTS or sonic.

I had similar download issues but Xbox did report problems at their end last night.

I noticed that Mass effect Andromeda didn’t work for me and it was because the download “forgot” to also download all the extra stuff on top of the base game. I went into settings and forced the box to search for all extras and download them. That sorted it.

This has been my experience as well, but like has been stated upthread, only when a game isn’t running. I had to actively quit out. Then it jumped from ~20 to ~650. It’s probably a datacenter thing combined with everyone slamming the servers, guess I got lucky.

I had a weird problem trying to launch Yakuza 7 right after installing the optimization patch for it, it just failed and told me try again while providing me with an error code. I tried a few more times and set it down for a bit. Worked perfectly after that, so I guess it just needed time. No other issues with the console and I’m actually pleased with how seamless and quick it was. Sorry to those who are having trouble like @BlackheartVinyl

My downloads aren’t downloading while the console is in stand-by mode. It’s weird, i used the Xbox app to Que a couple games and they show up on my series X but none have actually downloaded.

Is there something wrong or a setting that needs to be toggled? The Xbox One X handled this fine before.

I did. I preferred how it used to sound with the Dolby. It was much more “full” sounding. Probably just a personal preference.

Lots of us are having this. Sounds like server issues or something they’ll need to fix with a system update.

I was getting 100 to 150 0MBS I think. It was consistent the One X, sometimes it gets faster depending what else I’m doing.Probably didn’t help that I had 60 GB downloading on my computer…

You liked the horrible tinny astro DD processing? Oh…

I think they sound way better now. Maybe ensure they are updated in the astro app and try some user built sound profiles.

That’s what I was thinking. Glad it’s not me going crazy.

I was seeing slow download speeds most of the day yesterday too. (On top of an issue with my wifi mesh network which took hours to resolve and OF COURSE had to happen yesterday of all days.)

Finally got Assassin’s Creed and Tetris downloaded at 10 pm so I did get some time to actually play games. Still crawling through the downloads for Destiny, Gears 5, Gears Tactics, and Borderlands 3.

Servers were really tanked yesterday I imagine still will be as more people receive there’s im getting mine today or tomorrow

I feel they sound more tinny now. But I haven’t tried user sound profiles.

My issue of downloads stopping once the console was off seems to be mostly better today.

1 Like

I think a system update will be pushed next week

Wonder if they have some sort of check on the systems from server-side and if the system was inactive they stopped/slowed downloads on those systems to shift priority to active systems. Might explain why it happened this way for you (and others).

1 Like

Yea probably

2 and half days now and things haven’t improved. Nothing is downloading. I got my Series X and an S. The Series S just has a spinning white circle for the pass 2 hours. Same thing happened with my Series X but not as long. Haven’t been able to register either console on my MS account. I’m so sick of Fucking Microsoft!!!