Anime and Manga Thread

As someone who used to read the webtoons like a decade ago, it still feels so surreal to me that Tower of God and God of Highschool have animes. I remember it being something I would wish for at the time, but knew I would never get.

Tower of God’s first season was decent. The pace was rushed, but the webtoon really picks up with the next few arcs.

God of Highschool is so far pretty much exactly what I wanted from it and more so. The animation is ridiculous at times and often without filler non heavy animation episodes in between. Not to mention a great opening and ending.

Anyone looking for some fun anime, these two are worth looking into.

1 Like

Started watching Food Wars now that I finished MHA Season 4, pretty good so far. Also the Funimation subscription is much better than CruncyRoll IMO

God of Highschool is pretty great. The action is top tier.

Thinking about diving into One Piece but the amount of episodes is daunting. I’ve watched about 70 or so when It was on TV in the mornings before school. Just not sure if I can do it

I’m in a similar boat where I was thinking of diving back into One Piece. I caught up the anime near a decade ago and then read the Manga instead. Which I also stopped a few years ago.

Now I’m wondering if it’s worth catching up…

If you do decide to though, look into a fan edit called One Pace.

Disgusting. Condolences for the victims involved.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-08-08/nhk-act-age-story-writer-tatsuya-matsuki-arrested-on-suspicion-of-committing-indecent-act-with-minor/.162725

Truly awful behavior

Also trying to get into one piece but I’ve only reached ep 30 so far. Started Gintama recently and been thoroughly enjoying every minute

1 Like

I’ve been reading Pokémon Adventures. The end of some arcs are fantastic. Great artwork. Characters are interesting too. If you are one of the fans who wants a “real” story to the games, you should read it.

I miss Dragon Ball Super so much, even the show not being the Z levels of quality :frowning:

Barely watch anime in the last few years cause the directorial level is very low despite the amazing animation technology these days.

Lately I’ve got interest in Record of Lodoss game “currently on Steam early access” & liked to know more about the story in different type of media, so I found Record of Lodoss War “OVAs” aired in 1990

• It has 13 episodes between 25-30 min for each

• Episodes has different directors with different styles of directing the episodes which was fine in my opinion.

• The OVAs is a good entrance for the world of this story.

• Not the best in class, but it’s fun to watch, no fillers.

• Nice OP/ ED themes

• I think Deed “the Blonde Elf” is well introduced character.

• Watched in Japanese.

Official Serialisation announcement of Burn the Witch(new manga from Bleach creator)

Trigger releasing anime production handbook for free.

1 Like

Years ago I started watching anime. A friend was playing Naruto : Rise of a Ninja on Xbox 360 and I had never seen a single anime or whatsoever. I quite liked the game and ended up watching the anime and loved it, currently watching Shippuden and I’m about 50 Canon eps away from the finale.

But one of the anime I never hear people talking about is Monster. I love, love, looooove that anime and I recommend it to anyone that loves suspense, thriller, so good. And of course can’t forget about Death Note and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Parasyte was awesome too, GTO, Beelzebub, Higurashi, Elfen Lied, and of course One Piece(currently finished the Skypea Arc) , and so many more, and still so many yet to see. :slight_smile:

As for manga, I’m currently reading the Batman Manga, 4 volumes. And I still have Uzumaki by Junji Ito waiting for me here.

I agree that Monster doesn’t get talked about enough. The anime is top tier and the Manga is also amazing. I only started watching anime 6 years ago as I was bored of western media and immediately started watching anything and everything.

I’d add Steins;Gate to the list of anime that is a must watch

1 Like

I think my name is kinda telling what I’m watching, and no, I have no shame whatsoever.

1 Like

Thats it brother own it haha

1 Like

I have always loved a good “plot” :grinning:

Oh yes, Steins;Gate is awesome. I also mess heavily with Attack on Titan season 1, but my friend told me the second season really isn’t what we all expected and ever since then I’ve decided to wait with it. After Shippuden I might check season 2, because I read enough praise as well.

I had to Google it, I had no idea what it was :slight_smile:

An anime filled with wonders.

Attack on Titan S2 is definitely different. The pace is slower and there’s a heavier focus on the mystery surrounding the titans and the people within the walls. I actually preferred it to the first season and I believe the show gets better with each season. Can t wait for more

Attack on Titan is my number one show! Season 3 was a masterpiece.

6 Likes