Amazon Announces Cloud Gaming Streaming Service Luna

MS gotta hurry the f… up to buy

Take Two Capcom Techland Sega Fromsoftware THQ (Lol)

Alot more games industry consolidation is incoming now, the Bethedsa sale was the prologue.

We should remember there’s another potential challenger waiting to enter the ring:

1 Like

Ms needs to ensure Sega, From, Mistwalker, Grounding Inc, white owls logo, make a team for Itagaki and get Asobo e bloober team and dontnod ASAP. And perhaps Platinum?

With that they would have enough talent and diversity to tackle pretty much anything, so even if they lose some of the bigger ones, like Capcom they would still be satisfactorily served.

Kinda feel bad for Sony. I they’re literally the blackberry of the video game industry at this point.

4 Likes

If people want to have antitrust discussions, the real frontrunner there is Amazon. Amazon (AWS) is a giant on levels that most people do not understand. I have friends that work there, and a standing offer to join them at 1.5 times my current salary, which is not chump change

AWS is the fastest growing business in the entire world right now, and shows no signs of slowing down. MS is a solid number two with Azure, but they have zero chance of ever catching AWS. If Amazon is making a play in this space, they have done their research and come prepared to the market. Many of the people I’ve met at AWS are some of the smartest I’ve interacted with at a personal level.

I expect Amazon to be an overnight competitor at a level that Google never could … Hell, I have Amazon Prime, and will definitely take a spin with it on my Mac with an Xbox controller (just to try it). My Internet is most assuredly up to the task

1 Like

Oh shit I take it back. I just realized Amazon could totally buy Sony…

Here we go!!!

They are definitely using Nvidia. All their gpu based instances on aws run on Nvidia basically.

theyre both on Amazon and Stadia lol, talk about double agent XD

3 Likes

That is what I expected. Some of my friends at AWS told me they would talk to me about it in more detail next week when everything is public

When Phil said some months ago that Google and Amazon are their real competing companies, gaming media got angry and considered it like a “rude” statement. I love how gaming media is eating their shoes this week.

7 Likes

#philwasalwaysright

1 Like

BREAKING: All staff holidays at Digital Foundry cancelled.

Xbox One S vs Xbox One X vs Xbox Series S vs Xbox Series X vs PS4 vs PS4 Pro vs PS5 vs Luna vs Stadia.

3 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

They are on it partially.

Ubisoft is on the subscription service.

I don’t think so. Xcloud will be in beta until the new server blades and Orion are added. They plan to release it separate from GPU. Luna is also in introductory price like Game Pass PC was. They should cost about the same.

2 Likes

Amazon does this in every single market they enter - they will always be the cheapest option. I don’t expect MS to match them, but I could see a price drop for GPU/XCloud to maybe $10/mo if Amazon gains traction and marketshare

MS has a lot of things that Amazon does not. 20 years of experience in this space, and a userbase that is loyal. MS allows downloads to circumvent Internet caps, and some great hardware and software tools like DX12. It will be interesting to watch how it plays out. And how do Nintendo/Sony survive in this new reality?

3 Likes

What Microsoft need is the cloud only subscription for there xCloud offering.

A separate gamepass tier just for cloud gaming for like $5 or something.