Amazing Gaming Soundtracks

There are few gaming soundtracks I listen to outside of conventional gaming; Child of Light is probably one of my favorite soundtracks there is. Everything about the music is just mesmerizing. There’s this melancholy vibe that just pierces my heart when i listen to this soundtrack.

I tend to put it on while I’m at work on slow day in the background. I’ll pull it up on YouTube and let it play while I write my emails and respond to clients.

Anyone else have a soundtrack they enjoy playing in the background a lot?

Child of Light: Complete Soundtrack | Gamerip Quality | Béatrice Martin (Cœur de pirate) - YouTube

Especially the song that starts at 15:27, just hits me in all my feelings.

Aslo a game i would love a more fleshed out sequel to.

7 Likes

I love putting on the original World of Warcraft soundtrack. It’s just fantastic top to bottom. I also love the OST for Skyrim and I could probably listen to any NES game OST at any point and thoroughly enjoy it, but I’m terribly partial to Mega Man 2, Ninja Gaiden and Bionic Commando.

6 Likes

Persona 5 soundtrack for me, currently listening as I make my way home.

4 Likes

FF8, FFX

Skyrim, Oblivon

MGS1-2-3-4

Zero Escape series

SOTN

Dark Chronicle

Lots more but those are some of my favourites

5 Likes

I remember buying the import OST’s for FF7 and 8 more than 20 years ago. I had a 5 disc cd changer and would put in all four discs of either and just hit shuffle.

1 Like

A few favorites:

Final Fantasy 6, Xenogears, Castlevania SotN, Secret of Mana, Warhammer Vermintide (and Darktide)

For more atmospheric and subtle, I’ve enjoyed the Fallout game soundtracks. I think Assassin’s Creed Origins fits here with me too.

2 Likes

FFX had a few bangers too, the Aeon Hymn is still one of my favorites.

1 Like

Hi-Fi Rush has a fantastic soundtrack.

4 Likes

Persona 3-5. Hi Fi Rush Skyrim God of War 2018 Halo ODST Doom Journey

Some that come to mind.

5 Likes

I’ve been using ODST as one of the albums I used to test speakers - listened through that album repeatedly throughout college - as it’s got phenomenal range and the recording is pretty damn solid. That and Xenoblade Chronicles, both are incredible scores and great for studying/working.

Love this topic too @Cedric_N_Dabian; I’ll post mine when I get some time.

4 Likes

The Light At The End and Asphalt and Ablution.

1 Like

As a Jazz fanatic, Neon Night is also up there for greatest tracks… back to playing ODST for the 100th time I guess :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

some of my favourites

4 Likes

First time when I heard this, in the game’s opening scene… was magical. I didn’t pay attention or appreciate game music that much before this. The whole soundtrack was just incredible, just… brings me tears honestly.

Super Mario Galaxy was a similarly magical experience, so much awe and wonder, I feel best represented by these two

This still gives me chills and immense nostalgia for 2011

I came a bit late to Halo, and before I actually ever played the franchise I used to listen this and humm it all the time, and iconic one, and it was jus a totally different sonic that my ear wasn’t used to hearing at the time

This is one the moodiest and most comfortable melodies for me, it brings me instantly to the summer nights I sat playing it

2 Likes

Perfect song when riding the train.

And the sequel

Also cake

2 Likes

Panzer Dragoon Saga, though I’d say Zwei & Orta aren’t too far behind.

2 Likes

Some soundtracks I listen too in the background

1 Like

Last Bronx had such a cool vibe, I hope RGG emulate it in a future LAD game. Still got my Saturn version in any case.

1 Like

2 Likes

I agree mate I like it more than VF2 and the music is ace.