All-digital Xbox Series X shown in leaks

Holy mid. If this is Xbox’s answer to the PS5 Pro then…

Can we not? This isn’t an “answer to PS5 Pro” it’s an “answer to PS5 digital”

9 Likes

No one wants a PS5 Pro, that thing is dead in the water. The masses want a cheap system and a cheaper Series X has much more mass appeal than a Series X Pro.

Honestly hopefully this becomes the norm next gen where the higher end system ships in both configurations at launch and the lower end system ships digital only to save on costs. Or both are digital only with external drive for the minority that need one and lower the cost of entry.

2 Likes

If it is cheaper has a 2TB internal drive and Wifi 6 like the leaks I may get it. I do hope they reveal their next gen hardware as far as ETA of release cause if it is 2026 I may just keep my OG Series X

That makes more sense, but it’s still disappointing. The leaked designs from the FTC trial were way better. A console with the power of a Series X that’s the size of a Series S would have been awesome. Instead we get this.

Can’t help but feel this should have been the Series S from the start. But I guess it could never have had that low price tag then.

The other day there was a tweet about a codename tied to Xbox, this it?

1 Like

I don’t know why anyone would think that this is supposed to be an upgrade to the Series X or is positioned as competition against the PS5 Pro. Seems like a deliberate misinterpretation to justify a negative hot take.

1 Like

I doubt we’d be getting something that small to be honest. I think they were talking about a 15% PSU size reduction and removing the disk drive, so I would have expect something a bit shorter maybe and less wide but still at elast twice the size of a series S although it’s hard to tell from the pictures in the leak.

I’m guessing they either thought it wasn’t worth it or it’s coming out later and this was a quick fix to get something out in the marketplace asap to help with sales.

1 Like

360 got better when it got smaller

1 Like

Its not but its also a bad attempt at an answer to the ps5 digital

Not that its a high bar. Because thr ps5 digital is fucking useless when youre locked into sonys anti consumer digital ecosystem

Just wish ms would make it aestheticslly better to try and sell more consoles.

1 Like

It sure is ugly in white.

1 Like

I dont recall a single good looking white console. Even the base wii was ugly but small enough so you didnt care.

1 Like

Agreed, although I feel the original Series S doesn’t look all that bad, but I believe part of that is due to its size.

2 Likes

Even the Sega Dreamcast wasn’t as good looking as it should have been.

That was grey. But yeah agreed

Cant beat that black n64 though

Its closer to white like the Xbox 360 than grey like the PS1. I think dark colors are the better looking styling.

2 Likes

Take it back! :stuck_out_tongue: No one should ever talk bad about the Dreamcast! I mean, unless you want to mention the super loud and unreliable GDROM drive, but everything else is godlike about that console. And Dreamcast swirl intro is still unmatched to this day, with only the Gamecube opening coming close imo.

Also, don’t know why people are hating on white consoles, Xbox One S was super sexy in white and so did the Series S. Crystal White Gamecube is also sexy AF. Heck, even the original Xbox looks good in white!

2 Likes

I’m thinking your initial confusion explains why this was a good design choice. It’s a Series X variation, nothing new.

I’m not the biggest fan of this but now I can see why they did what they did. I was thinking they were just trying to save costs.

In regards to white consoles, I love the Dreamcast & Series S. Both look sexy in white.

2 Likes

This is my fav looking console. Didnt get a ps2 until this and it was awesome. Best sony console ever. Every other sony console has looked ugly in comparison

2 Likes

Im all for this IF theyre going to try and push it hard for gta6 or all of their major 1st party gsmepass releases.

My only gripe is its so minimal whos going to get it?

Like i said…this should be sold at 500 bucks with a 2TB drive. Not 400 with 1TB.