AEW - All Elite Wrestling OT

its happened plenty of times Drew Mcintyre comes to mind same with bobby lashley i think cody will win one of the world titles hell they actually let him keep everything from AEW that is not very often i actually saw aew fanboys throw a temper tantrum jesus christ the cringe

1 Like

I like Cody and look forward to seeing what WWE does with him. If itā€™s good, Iā€™ll watch it but if not, I wonā€™t. But he seemed to want too much money, too much creative control and complained about not being able to challenge for the world title even though that was his own fault by adding that stipulation to his title match with Jericho three months into the company being on TNT.

AEW has a massive amount of talent who they will need to eventually resign and I agree with the idea in regards to not sacrificing several talents to keep just one.

in a interview with the media regarding his return he noted he does not want a management role again he felt he wasnt ready for that as for his deal with wwe its a multi year deal and hes a full time talent and he will be on raw tomorrow

Yeah, I saw it. 52 minutes long.

yea while ago saw a rumor about winner of his match getting a title shot post mania so im like damn seems they are pushing him to the moon if its true but time will tell i suppose

Oh wow. Will see how that all plays out.

yea

AEW Double or Nothing PPV is this Sunday at 8pm EST. Full card listed below.

1. Main Event for the AEW World Championship

ā€œHangmanā€ Adam Page (c) vs C.M. Punk

2. AEW Womenā€™s Championship

Thunder Rosa (c) vs Serena Deeb

3. Three Way for the AEW World Tag Team Championship

Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus) (c) vs Ricky Starks & Powerhouse Hobbs vs Keith Lee & Swerve Strickland

4. AEW TBS Womenā€™s Championship

Jade Cargill (c) vs Anna Jay

5. Singles Match

Wardlow vs MJF (Maxwell Jacob Friedman)

6. Six Person Mixed Tag Match

Sammy Guevara, Frankie Kazarian and Tay Conti vs Scorpio Sky, Ethan Page and Paige VanZant

7. Anarchy in the Arena

Jericho Appreciation Society vs Jon Moxley, Bryan Danielson, Eddie Kingston, Santana and Ortiz

8. Singles Match

Darby Allin vs Kyle Oā€™Reilly

9. Six Man Tag Team Match

Death Triangle (Pac, Penta Oscuro and Rey Fenix) vs House of Black (Malakai Black, Brody King and Buddy Matthews)

10. Tag Team Match

Young Bucks vs The Hardys

11. Menā€™s Owen Hart Foundation Tournament Final

Adam Cole vs Somoa Joe

12. Womenā€™s Owen Hart Foundation Tournament Final

Britt Baker vs Ruby Soho

1 Like

My predictions -

1. Page
  2. Rosa
  3. Jurassic Express
  4. Cargill
  5. Wardlow
  6. Sky/Page/VanZant
  7. Moxley/Danielson/Kingston/Santana/Ortiz
  8. Allin
  9. House of Black
  10. Young Bucks
  11. Cole
  12. Baker

Anyone going to be at the Forum on Wednesday?

All Elite Wrestling and New Japan Pro Wrestling presents Forbidden Door tonight on PPV at 8pm EST. Full card listed below.

1. Main Event for the AEW Interim World Championship

Jon Moxley (AEW) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi (NJPW)

2. AEW Womenā€™s Championship

Thunder Rosa (c) vs Toni Storm

3. Four Way for the IWGP World Championship

Jay White (c/NJPW) vs Adam Page (AEW) vs Adam Cole (AEW) vs Kazuchika Okada (NJPW)

4. IWGP U.S. Championship

Will Ospreay (c/NJPW) vs Orange Cassidy (AEW)

5. Four Way for the AEW All-Atlantic Championship

Pac (AEW) vs Miro (AEW) vs Malakai Black (AEW) vs Clark Connors (NJPW)

6. Six Man Tag Team Match/Winning team gets the advantage in the Blood & Guts Match on Wednesday during Dynamite

Chris Jericho (AEW), Sammy Guevera (AEW) and Minoru Suzuki (NJPW) vs Eddie Kingston (AEW), Wheeler Yuta (AEW) and Shota Umino (NJPW)

7. Three Way for the ROH and IWGP World Tag Team Championships/Winner Takes All

FTR (c)(Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler/ROH) vs Roppongi Vice (Trent Baretta and Rocky Romero/AEW) vs United Empire (c)(Jeff Cobb and Great-O-Khan/IWGP)

8. Singles Match

Zack Sabre Jr. (IWGP) vs Mystery Opponent (AEW)

9. Six Man Tag Team Match

Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson/AEW) and El Phantasmo (w/Hikuleo/NJPW) vs Dudes With Attitudes (Darby Allin and Sting/AEW) and Shingo Takagi (NJPW)

1 Like

Holy shit that was a great show. One of AEWā€™s strengths is how they book and put on PPVā€™s.

1 Like

Man the injury bug is relentless! I hope Adam Cole gets better soon.

Just finished watching the show. A very good show. Injuries definitely hurt but overall, really good. Best match for me was Sabre vs Claudio. Looking forward to Blood & Guts on Wednesday!!

1 Like

Just finished watching FD and my goodness what a good show. I think the orange Cassidy match stole the show alongside claudio.

I donā€™t know about the rest of you but I fined it so hard to get into WWE stories now but super easy to get into AEW stories.

1 Like

I stopped watching WWE a few years ago because I got tired of seeing the same couple of people coming out and giving the same promo week after week after week leading to the same pointless, predictable matches with the same people week after week after week. And any time there was an interesting story, it would often get dropped for literally no reason only to be replaced with a rushed, nonsensical story that also often didnā€™t go anywhere. The last straw for me was the awful The Fiend vs Seth Rollins match that didnā€™t make any sense and led to The Fiend immediately getting up after Seth Rollinā€™s face stomp finisher like 10 times in a row. It just made no sense and was awful. Not even the Undertaker would have engaged in such bullshit.

I honestly canā€™t wait for Vince to either retire or be forcibly removed from the picture. What happened to NXT is a great example of why Vince sucks and is entirely the problem. NXT was great because it was itā€™s own thing separated from the bullshit factory that is WWE. But then Vince decided to take control of it and call it ā€œNXT 2.0ā€ and made it awful just like RAW and Smackdown.

I donā€™t begrudge anyone that still enjoys WWE, but I just canā€™t stand watching it. With AEW, I feel like the wresting comes first, but the stories, while not always great, are at least given the time they need to develop. Also, when someone comes out to give a promo, itā€™s not over-written nonsense that Iā€™ve already heard for several weeks. And because the promoā€™s are not scripted, you often get what feels like real emotions and real reactions from guys who donā€™t know exactly whatā€™s coming.

The best thing about AEW for me is that every week feels like Iā€™m seeing something new and because the focus is on actual wrestling, itā€™s infinitely more satisfying to me than the WWE that forces their wrestlers to perform what feels like only 5-6 moves. Every match in the WWE feels the same. It becomes predictable and boring. AEW occasionally suffers from that as well, but itā€™s rare.

Anyway, sorry for the weird stream of conscious that nobody asked for. Iā€™m still waking up. :smile:

2 Likes

I enjoyed it and what that show made me realize they need to put OC in the main event scene.

1 Like

Couldnā€™t agree with you more.

I watch the WWE highlights on YouTube if that at times. I stopped watching WWE frequently around the time the release Strowman. Been watching AEW almost every week. I wish I was in the US so I could see it live.

I remember when NXT was delivering greatness week in and week out. I gave up with that when the did the PPV of the old nxt v nxt 2.0

Hopefully this new hot water Vince is in makes him step back but i doubt it.

If you want to laugh follow Mick Foley on twitter he tells it like it is most the time.

1 Like

Probably my favorite PPV since All Out 2021. These 2 companies just mesh so well together, Iā€™m glad both Tony Khan and NJPW said they would like this event to continue because this was just too good to be a one time thing. Forbidden Door 2 in the Tokyo Dome maybe?

Apparently it did pretty good on the PPV buy rate and overall made around $6m, so I think the odds of it happening again next year are pretty high. I just hope this means weā€™ll see more guys crossing over between promotions in general.