Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

Its possible to beat it in 4 hours? How? Lol! I googled the games length and it looks like it takes 50-60 hours for the average person to beat.

1 Like

Octopath Traveler is an unique game in which there are 8 protagonists, and you can start with any of them – and each one of them has a different story that starts in a different city in the world.

You can then travel around the world doing the story missions for your character and meeting the other protagonists, when they can join your party and you can start their missions aswell. Throughout the story you can see links between everyone’s stories.

You can also ignore all the other protagonists and play the whole game solo, doing only your first character’s story missions, etc.

And each protagonist has an unique ability that can also break the game depending on how you use it. I remember that I used my Thief to pickpocket every character in the world, saving before doing so and resetting the game if I failed. This way I could get very strong armor and weapons without wasting money.

Long story short, you can pick the protagonist with the shorter missions, ignore every other character and abuse its ability. There is a video on Youtube of a guy who beat the game in 45 minutes doing only Tressa’s missions and abusing her hired gun ability.

2 Likes

Doesn’t look too crazy. I’m curious whether that first story related achievement will pop when you import your demo character into the full game or if you have to start over.

1 Like

3/10 difficulty? I thought this game was hyped to be super hard

1 Like

It is, but you can turn on cheats that make you invincible and let you boost an unlimited amount of times in the air and it doesn’t disable the achievements, so the game itself is very hard, but it includes options to make it pretty easy.

2 Likes

Like Tom said, there is an Assist Mode that makes you invincible and gives you infinite dashes, which makes the game very, very easy and enjoyable. It is only a 3/10 difficulty because there are many collectibles and there is an achievement for beating a kind of an old-school game.

Now bring easy mode to Dark Souls, you maniacs!

2 Likes

So I just booted up Hyperdot and those last two achievements popped without me doing anything. :joy::joy::joy: Hard completion obtained!

2 Likes

Meanwhile, I actually got an achievement today!

1 Like

Completion #147: Day of the Tentacle Remastered

• Estimated Difficulty: 2/10
  • Estimated Time: 3 hours

4 Likes

I got 20 games for $160 so I might go ham when I get some time :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I’m still going strong with my “not buying anything” policy! Not even the Never Alone DLC, which is only $0.71 on my region :stuck_out_tongue:

That will change when New Pokémon Snap releases, though.

Game Pass games are out! And as expected, Octopath Traveler still has that 100 hours achievement :frowning:

1 Like

Sooooo close
 yet so far.

3 Likes

I finished Rogue Company :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

3 Likes

Update:

Although the list is the same, there are some achievements that are HIGHLY missable that I haven’t noticed before. Some examples:

1. You have to analyze every enemy’s weakness. As you progress through the game every area scale the enemies’ levels according to something called “Danger Level”. There are some enemies that only appear on lower Danger Level, so if you recruit more characters or advance to Chapter 2 before analyzing them, you are done fore.
  2. You have to open every chest in the game, and some chests are only available in specific chapters.
  3. You have to find every item and hidden item in the game, and some are missable.
3 Likes

Well the 100 hour one won’t be so bad then :joy:

1 Like

Definitely! I’m here playing with a ridiculously long checklist haha

1 Like

That’s good that someone already made a 100% guide.

1 Like

That’s awesome. I considered going for the 1000G but decided against it! Lol! Good luck.

2 Likes

I kind of
 hate Undertale? Lol. Not seeing the appeal here. But I want to polish off the achievements before starting Octopath Traveler.

2 Likes