Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

Dog shrine slot machine is easier than you think, don’t get frustrated everyone. Memorize the order and use the center button to pause it

1 Like

Completion #137: Need for Speed: Rivals

• Estimated Difficulty: 4/10
  • Estimated Time: 25 hours
  • Time Difference: 805 days

Ok, I’ve got a few things to say:

First of all, I’m really, really happy on how I tackled my backlog in the past few weeks, especially this month. My ultimate goal when March started was to not start a new game and play only games that I had already started – and it paid out, with seven completions averaging 620 days.

But focusing solely on the backlog is too much of an utopia in a world in which Game Pass exists. There are many, many games that are joining / have joined the catalogue that I really want to play, so I’m putting a pause on my Project Backlog. This is the result for March:

Averaging a 2.50 ratio in a month that I also played The Walking Dead was also nice since it shows me there were some completions to be proud about. Those 196 achievements also helped me reach a completion percentage of 47.6%, which means I’m closer than ever to reach my goal of 50% after hitting the low 20s last year.

Now here’s to waiting for the remaster of Hot Pursuit to join Game Pass aswell! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

These Undertale achievements are so easy. Not finished the game yet though.

2 Likes

I keep getting within a hair’s breadth of 50% completion, then sabotaging myself by starting new games. :frowning:

1 Like

1000/1000 on DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age. Loved the game overall despite the last 10 or so hours being a bit of a grind while I prepped for the full completion. Overall, it took me just over 120 hours to complete, which isn’t bad with a 1 year old running around :rofl:

I think I will now take the time and make my through some smaller games after DQ, so I should hopefully add a bit more to the gamerscore this month.

4 Likes

Got the 1000gs in Kona before it left Game Pass. A nice survival adventure about a detective who has to solve a murder in a small canadian town in a snow storm. Very atmospheric, very mysterious, a bit janky.

There is an achievement for completing without shooting which I would recommend because it doesn’t work great in this game and guns take inventory away for more important stuff. Also playing the whole 6-9 hour game on foot for gamerscore is stupid, better do this in a second playthrough (or not at all) which takes max 2h.

2 Likes

Completion #138: Doom 64

• Estimated Difficulty: 2/10
  • Estimated Time: 1 hour

4 Likes

I’m still stuck in the MP-swamp… Halp! Im getting a few rare achievements here and there in Sea of Thieves and Gears 5 though, always something I guess.

There are so many games I want to play!

1 Like

I think I’ll start the Outriders demo now. All the progression is carried over to the full game, and according to the developers there are no achievements tied to Demo content progression, so I wouldn’t need to replay the game to grab achievements.

1 Like

Pinkman+ is very easy. Took me 35 minutes to beat 45 levels. No guide needed. Sometimes my jumps didn’t register but some levels have very generous checkpoints. I need less than 30 wins to complete Rogue Company but now Demolition goes up to 9 rounds instead of 7 for a win so it takes longer.

1 Like

The one thing this game did for me was help me discover and love the band Brick + Mortar

1 Like

oh this is refreshing. I remember Bleeding Edge doing this. That game deserved more love

1 Like

Checking back in as I have had a fairly productive last 10 or so days. I finished the following games, a handful of which I ended up with 100%.

Lost Planet 2- mindless 4 player co op but the achievements here are a nightmare. I’m ending with around 30%

The Town of Light(100%)- very dark game. I got 100% on this in a few hours. The game itself isn’t very good, but following the story made me do outside research on the topic as it was more informative and interesting than I thought it would end up being.

Warface Breakout- been playing this in multiplayer. Up to about 75%. Has some grindy achievements but may be complete-able

Dirt 5- finished the campaign but now I need to go back and clean up any remaining events and then the dreaded grind to 1000 miles

Hyper Scape(100%)- I played this for a week or two when it first came out. Found out the servers are now dead. If you turn off crossplay, you will get put into a small lobby of 5 or less players which made my last achievement for winning a solo game with no kills a piece of cake

Moving Out(100%)- The Movers in Paradise DLC came out this month. Just finished the 100% on it in co op with my wife.

Battletoads- Replayed this for the first time since launch and actually was able to do one of the 15 ratio 3P local achievements! I have a few achievements until completion but I’ll probably save them for a future replay. I love this game! Criminally underrated.

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime- I had this 1/4 of the way through the campaign for a few years. Just breezed through the rest of the campaign with the wife. Not sure if I will go back to get 100%, this game is very slow paced and would not be enjoyable not in co op. Around ~50% achievements

Resident Evil 3- short but sweet. LOVED this. More so than Resident Evil 2. I am not as big of a fan of limited ammo, but I was able to enjoy it anyway. Around ~50% achievements with no interest to grind out the full 100%.

Wow what a week and a half! Did not realize how much I had actually accomplished. A lot of these were cleaning up older titles or shorter games but still knocked quite a bit off the backlog. Also just hit 600k tonight!

6 Likes

I got the 1000G in Undertale. It’s a great game with an easy completion.

5 Likes

Allright, allright I’ll play it… It’s not my thing at all normally.

1 Like

You don’t have to finish the game to get the 1000G either.

2 Likes

Completion #139: Undertale

• Estimated Difficulty: 2/10
  • Estimated Time: 2 hours

4 Likes

Got all the achievements last night. Not sure if I’m actually going to finish the game or not. I’ve been playing the pacifist route and actually playing the game instead of skipping through it for achievements. Is it just me or is it a little overrated? Everyone raves on about how good it is, including my kids. Maybe it’s a time and place thing.

Anyway I’m looking forward to Outriders.

backlog cries

2 Likes

It’s a little overated but i really enjoyed it and found the writing to be very well done. It’s perfect for gamepass.

1 Like

I finally finished The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Collection yesterday. Not a huge effort in terms of difficulty but notable because of the huge amount of gamerscore. 4000 G and 4860 TA. Don’t think I’ll be topping that one any time soon. :slight_smile:

My next goal is to finish up Nier Automata.

4 Likes