Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

Gratz! Really liked that game, the lack of fast travel never bothered me and it’s not until others pointed it out that I noticed haha.

I also completed it, and the only disappointment was the boring cosmetic rewards for exploration. Another poncho…yay. :wink:

But yeah, great game!

1 Like

Completion #128: New Super Lucky’s Tale

• Estimated Difficulty: 4/10
  • Estimated Time: 12 hours

New Super Lucky’s Tale is surprisingly a very good game. Solid platforming with some nice level designs and challenges. It’s also somewhat charming!

I started this game back in August 2020 and managed to complete the main story, but then I dropped it when Marvel’s Avengers released. Today I realized that I just needed to tackle the endgame levels and grab some simple miscellaneous achievements – which I managed to do in a couple of hours, 181 days after I first started it.

With this completion I finally hit a completion rate of 46%. I was at around 25% in early 2019, so it’s been a slow and painful road towards my 50% objective. Almost there!

7 Likes

Nice! I still have a few to get in that one. I also put it aside for other games.

1 Like

No completions for me recently. I’ve been busy playing Vermatide 2 with the family, wee bit of VA-11 Hall-A in the morning with my coffee and I can’t decide what to play next.

Is Assassin’s Creed Valhalla in a better shape achievement wise? Don’t want to play 80+ hours to find out I can’t get my 100%.

1 Like

Nice, enjoyed that one too! I didn’t manage to beat a couple of the last trials, so I shelved it for a rainy day with an empty backlog :wink:

1 Like

Nice. I’m at 53% completion rate so I’m happy with that. I’ll cry if i ever go below 50%. Haha!

2 Likes

Completion #129: VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action

• Estimated Difficulty: 2/10
  • Estimated Time: 4 hours

A game very similar to Coffee Talk that is available on Game Pass PC. It is so story-heavy that it should take around 15 hours to complete the game if you pay attention to the dialogue, but it can be completed in 4 hours if you follow a walkthrough and skip everything.

PSA: Hold CTRL to skip the dialogue and use QWERT to add the ingredients. You can thank me later.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! I enjoyed Coffee talk so I’ll definitely give this a go.

3 Likes

Never heard about this game until now but now I really wanna try it. Looks awesome.

1 Like

Just follow this walkthrough and you’ll get every achievement quite easily:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/295712-va-11-hall-a-~-trophy-walkthrough/

There is a “Drink List” in this link right after the walkthrough. I divided my screen in three, with the game on the right and the walkthrough + drink list on the left.

Remember to hold CTRL to skip dialogues if you don’t care much about the story as it dramatically cuts down the completion time.

1 Like

Yeah, staying above 50% is my only goal regarding that. I’m in the 60’s so should be ok for a while

1 Like

Completion #130: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition

• Estimated Difficulty: 2/10
  • Estimated Time: Not sure

Another one from the backlog: 264 days I’ve finally completed it!

Age of Empires is an easy completion because it allows you to use cheats and download custom scenarios. The problem is that I had never played Age of Empires in my whole life, and I suck at this kind of game. So because of that I had no idea what I was doing through the majority of time. There was a time I finished farming the necessary resources and I had no idea how to finish the match lol

With this completion I can finally wrap up this month, which certainly exceeded my expectations: 15 completions out of 25 games played, including many games that have been sitting on my backlog for years.

1. Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
  2. The Falconeer
  3. Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter
  4. Just Cause
  5. The Little Acre
  6. Shadows of the Damned
  7. Superhot: Mind Control Delete
  8. Wreckfest
  9. Donut County
  10. BioShock Remastered
  11. Project Cars 2
  12. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  13. New Super Lucky’s Tale
  14. VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
  15. Age of Empires: Definitive Edition

But my favorite completion is actually a DLC from a game I got the base 1000g back in 2019: the Icons Update for Need for Speed. I got two out of three achievements from this DLC on June 2019, but never managed to get the one for scoring 350000 drift points in a certain event. After almost three hours trying, I finally beat it this week!

Curiously enough, even though I consider this one to be my most difficult achievement of the month, it is not even in the month’s TA Ratio Top 30. Those were the 15 achievements with the highest TA Ratio I earned this month:

And yes, I really love statistics.

4 Likes

Insane month!

1 Like

And by the looks of it I won’t even be in the Top 3!

1 Like

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

As previously announced, I would remove from the leaderboards every user who hasn’t interacted in the forums at all in the past month. For now I decided to be a little less strict on the criteria and I’ll be removing who hasn’t interacted in the forums at all this year instead.

With that said, if the following users don’t manifest their intention to be kept on the leaderboard, they will be removed by the time the monthly ranking drops.

User Gamertag Last Post
@Darcadia cyllis October 2020
@FaultLineBlues wahaj November 2020
Hammer24 Hammer2424 October 2020
@Jeremy Jeremy Saunders November 2020
@Johnohno DarhJohno September 2020
@MRE-Inc MRE Inc October 2020
@parksey1972 Parksey1972 November 2020
@procerus procerus September 2020
@riazor Riazor September 2020
@Scottx2 Scott x 2 September 2020
@UnveiledArk UnveiledArk September 2020
xJavontax xJavontax December 2020

I’m here! just tough to find time to participate on two forums, game and manage my career

1 Like

Glad to see you are still with us!

1 Like

1 Like

Ok sorry, that’s fair - please remove me from the leaderboards

You reckon Falconeer is just up there because it’s a newer game? I didn’t even know it was available on the base Xbox one until last night and then I downloaded it. For some reason, I thought it was a Series X|S exclusive

1 Like