Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

Since Ride 4 has 7 DLCs with achievements, I decided to grab the expensive Special Edition that comes with the Season Pass…

… only to find out that 2 of the 7 DLCs are not part of the Season Pass.

1 Like

The Dead Rising 3 special. The Apocalypse Edition has every DLC except the super duper dlc.

1 Like

So i am at the end of Grim Fandango and just found out you need to play the whole game with tank controls to get 100%. Thanks, Tim!

2 Likes

Season Passes that do not even contain all DLCs are the devil. Borderlands 2 started it back in the day, pretty frequent nowadays though. At least with Ubisoft games you know that if you buy the Gold Edition you get all the interesting post-launch content (aside from cosmetic stuff perhaps, and not counting multiseason multiplayer games like Siege or For Honor obviously).

1 Like

What is “tank controls” ?

1 Like

Old school Resident Evil controls. Rotate and walk forwards, instead of just pushing the stick in the direction you want to go.

3 Likes

Oh, that sounds…fun.

1 Like

Their new control scheme works way better on console. But the PC version is Play Anywhere and has good mouse support, so I will speed run through that now.

Apropos PC - if you want to unlock achievements in HyperDot, just switch between PC and console. After synching your save game the game glichtes and unlocks random gamersccore, lol.

1 Like

February’s Featured Game: The Falconeer

I’m ignoring a few of the criteria we’ve been using to chose this month’s featured game, so I hope you don’t mind!

First of all, four users from our leaderboards have already started this game (@Chyld989, @Shadowgasm, @CallMeCraig and @n0tjack) – but since they seem to only have completed the Prologue, I hope you don’t mind if they get a head start this month! :slight_smile:

The Falconeer is a console exclusive that released alongside the Series X|S launch and was developed by a single person that was kind enough to join our community and discuss the game with us in a few opportunities (@FalconeerDev).

The game has been on the radar of many people because of its uniqueness and it is joining Game Pass on February 4 (or in just a few hours courtesy of different timezones!). With all that said, I thought it would be nice to make The Falconeer our Game of the Month.

The Falconeer ($29.99)
Developer: Tomas Sala
Publisher: Wired Productions
Genre: Action & Adventure; Role Playing; Shooter
Size: 1.63 GB
Tags: 4K Ultra HD; 120 FPS; Smart Delivery; Spatial Sound
Release date: November 10, 2020

The game is already out, so add it to your download queue to be ready when the game joins the Game Pass catalogue later tonight!

February’s competition will be held until February 28, 2021 . Remember: whoever has the most Gamerscore in the featured game will earn 100 points. If two or more people share the same amount of Gamerscore in said game, they will all get the 100 points.

Don’t forget that the January’s competition is still active until February 14.

Happy hunting!

3 Likes

Sounds great. I’ll probably have to replay the prologue anyway since I’ve forgotten how to play the game. :smile:

2 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one! I got it at launch of the system but have been playing other stuff since then so I definitely don’t remember the controls. A free update and some paid DLC is supposed to come out tomorrow though (no new DLC), so that’s good timing!

2 Likes

Rogue Company just got patched so Series X completion #10 is in the books. Working on Twin Robots and Walking Dead Bridge Constructor next, but looking forward to Falconeer for game of the month!

3 Likes

Just finished Lego Speed Champions for Forza. That looks really good on Series X. I could get some more achievements in the Eliminator mode, hopefully I can get the rest. Once the next series starts for the festival Playlist I’ll try to keep up and get those achievements.

I’m glad The falconeer is coming to gamepass.

2 Likes

Is there a way on TA that I can set it to show last played games instead of date if completion order?

1 Like

I think the “Games” section is automatically sorted this way? Or well, by Last Unlock at least.

1 Like

I’m running through finishing up games this week it seems. Twin Robots is complete for Series X completion #11. Walking Dead Bridge Constructor is unfortunately not clicking for me. It isn’t too long so I may finish it up but it was fairly disappointing.

1 Like

All the focus I had last month is now part of the past.

I started Warhammer Vermintide 2 while I was waiting for the new-gen version of Control to drop. Than it released at the same time Ride 4, Poker Club, Sparkle Unleashed and Override 2 went on sale.

Then came the news that Falconeer was joining Game Pass. And now the news that Puyo Puyo Tetris is free this weekend.

That’s 8 games in a week lol

2 Likes

Hehe, but Xbox has no games…

2 Likes

That sentiment is always so disingenuous. They say Xbox has no games, but then won’t shut up about something like The Medium (a game that isn’t on Playstation, therefore proving Xbox has games) because it has a low Metacritic score. But then in the next breath they’ll praise Destruction AllStars because it’s a Playstation exclusive even though it has a lower Metacritic score than The Medium.

I hate fanboys.

/rant

2 Likes

I know, it’s insane hehe.

2 Likes