Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

Should Microsoft ban achievements that don’t end in a 5 or 0? Might seem dramatic but it’s something enough people complain about.

Completion #110: Hitman 3

• Estimated Difficulty: 4/10
  • Estimated Time: 35 hours

A truly fantastic game! I never got much into the series because in my mind it was very unfriendly towards beginners – especially those who suck at stealth, like me. But I was completely wrong: the game is very enjoyable when played on Casual difficulty, and much of the assassination situations are handed out to you via mission stories while still leaving some secret deaths open for discovery.

Since there are only six levels IOI was able to create some amazing level designs with very high replayability. The levels are also gorgeous, although the in-engine cutscenes look awful when compared to the rest of the game. It also doesn’t make sense how a single player-focused game requires to be online all the time.

The completion is not that hard, but you will have to complete the same level over and over again to achieve Mastery Level 20 in each one of them. And some levels, while great when playing for the first time, can be a sloth when played again since we have to fulfill the same story situations to be able to complete a different challenge.

9 Likes

Congrats trolling devs, you just lost my sale! … uh… well you lost me as a player anyway.

2 Likes

Completion #111: Twin Robots: Ultimate Edition

• Estimated Difficulty: 1/10
  • Estimated Time: 2 hours

After some lenghty completions I decided to treat myself with an easy one while I wait for The Medium. Since I’m on a personal quest to complete games optimized for the Series X|S, I thought I would give Twin Robots a go – and I deeply regret it since this game is awful.

It is a puzzle game (published by Ratalaika and developed by the same guys responsible for Concept Destruction) with no real puzzles and frustrating, unresponsive controls. Luckily you only need to play 22 levels to get the full completion, which should take around 1h30min.

Series X completion #27!

2 Likes

Your consistency is impressive! If TA ever puts in proper Series X leaderboards, you would surely be near the top for both gamerscore and completions.

3 Likes

My hopes for a Series X leaderboard are long gone by now :frowning:

But yeah, I’ve been really enjoying this! Helps me focus and make the most out of the games I spend money on!

But at the same time I’m running out of optimized games I’m interested in and that are not huge time sinkers.

@Thanathorn the Yakuzas achievement lists are separated!

2 Likes

Happy to see it. Now let’s see who’s crazy enough to get 1000G in all of them. Lol!

I used to do it alot on the 360 because it was very easy to do while waiting for a game to load. I use TA now, way easier than on the Xbox.

2 Likes

I haven’t played anything in a couple days but I now have a series x so thats nice.

3 Likes

So a couple updates for me this week.

Completed One Leaves (quite possibly the worst game I’ve ever played)

Completed the DLC for CONTROL (love this game, now fully 100%)

Finally got the last DLC achievement in Killing Floor 2 (100% until their next update in the next 1-5 months)

Got the last two achievements I needed in Ben-Hur (I installed purely to finish it off from a couple years ago… so glad its done and I immediately uninstalled it lol)

3 Likes

IT’S LIKE SOME KIND OF MESSED UP RUBIK’S CUBE

1 Like

What about Vermintide 2? It’s been on my radar for way too long, especially now that it was optimized, but I don’t really know what to think of it from the videos I watched.

Oh, I thought you already had it! Nice one!!

Loving it. Gives me strong Left 4 Dead vibes (I also played the first one). The achievements are a bit difficult due to need certain power levels based on gear, but I can give you another update when I actually attempt those. Its definitely a difficult game though, but so fun imo.

1 Like

Also, I retract my previous statement.

Turtle’s Quest is the worst game I’ve ever played. So glad a second episode was never released.

1 Like

Love vermintide 2 but no one plays it at the high levels on xbox. Would be down to play it whenever

1 Like

Does it have a campaign? Is it enjoyable solo?

I might give it a go soon!

1 Like

You can run through the levels easily with 3 cpu teammates, it’s really a left 4 dead game tho so more fun when you’re struggling to survive with friends

2 Likes

Completion #112: Another Dawn

• Estimated Difficulty: 2/10
  • Estimated Time: 1 hour

I actually can’t say much about this game because the embargo just lifts tomorrow when the game officially releases.

What I can say is that this is a quick completion and that there is a video guide on Youtube that shows how to get every achievement in 45 minutes.

Series X completion #28!

1 Like

Is anyone going for the Madden NFL 21 Series X completion this weekend since it’s free with Gold? I’m looking for someone to tackle the online achievements, which should take only 10-15 min.