Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

Being unemployed has its (few) perks :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Completion #98: Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead

• Estimated Difficulty: 2/10
  • Estimated Time: 5 hours

This is your standard Bridge Constructor game with a The Walking Dead makeover. There is a side story with some TWD characters like Eugene, Michonne and Daryl, but it is nothing to take note of.

Since it is a puzzle came, it is a very easy completion by following a guide. Otherwise it would be a hard as hell game, since some solutions are simply insane. The achievements list is pretty straightforward and you should unlock everything by completing the game by using a determined amount of resources.

It should take you less than 5 hours to unlock all achievements, and the game is currently 33% off on the Microsoft Store.

Completion #14 on the Series X.

2 Likes

Been playing a lot of Fallout: New Vegas lately, trying to get a few achievements I kept passing on over the years. One of those was “Hardcore” which is beating the game in hardcore mode which can be a huge pain unless you cheese your way through it (which I did this time). I also just mopped up the Dead Money dlc which is easily my least favorite dlc for any game ever. I absolutely hated every minute of it.

Now I just have a few left to get, but they’re all equally obnoxious/tedious. It’s easy to see why I kept walking away from a completion on this game. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I just recently completed this game myself! Dead Money was definitely a chore. I really enjoyed the other DLCs though. Amazing game overall, it took a looong time and sporadic playing to click for me, but once it did it’s become one of my favorites.

2 Likes

Best game!

1 Like

I’m one of the people who actually love dead money. It’s breaking the standard playstyle of Fallout and keep you alert because how hard it is. Really interesting concept.

That brings back memories! I played through New Vegas a long time ago on my PS3 and it is one of my favorite games of that time. It was in fact my first Fallout! I think I got its platinum sometime around 2011. I really miss those times!

On an unrelated note, two big updates went live for games that I completed in the past few months. Marvel’s Avengers got its first big expansion, but there are no new achievements. I guess that I can leave this game behind for good, now. Forza Horizon, on the other hand, received 9 new achievements. I’m downloading the game now to try to tackle those!

I did appreciate the experiment of turning Fallout into survival horror. It was interesting to experience once, but I doubt I would revisit it in any future playthroughs.

It’s also a pet peeve of mine when RPGs take away all your gear.

Yeah hate that too, but also like it… It’s complicated ok? :wink:

Anyone tried Call of the Sea yet and knows how bad the stuttering is? I easily get motion sickness from bad first person games, it’s always the damn indie games. Anyone with the same problem tried it?

If it’s bad I’m gonna have to nope the f out of the december game competition.

I played the first two chapters and had no problem at all.

But I also didn’t notice and stuttering in Valhalla, so I’m not the best parameter :stuck_out_tongue:

DLC Completion: Forza Horizon 4 - Super7

• Estimated Difficulty: 1/10
  • Estimated Time: 3 hours

Like I said in another thread, Super7 by itself has lots of potential, but Playground has dropped the ball by not giving us a playlist of curated challenges made by them. Instead we go through random challenges created by the community, and some of them are pretty unimaginative or straight up trolling – like reaching a certain speed after a long straight road, but putting a barrier in front of the speed camera. Fuck off.

Achievements-wise this update is pretty straightforward. Just keep doing the challenges and you’ll get the 100% in around 3 hours.

3 Likes

Looks fun, perfect for a podcast or two!

1 Like

This went live yesterday. I think the bad challenges will filter itself out pretty fast cause nobody will like them. Next year we will also get harder challenges, maybe these are curated by Playground.

1 Like

PowerPyx’s Cyberpunk 2077 trophy guide is live!

• Estimated trophy difficulty : 3/10 (can do everything on easy difficulty)
  • Approximate amount of time to platinum : Pending (a very rough estimate so far is around 60h-70h which consists of 20h story, 40h-50h for all trophy-related side content)
  • Number of missable trophies : 1 – Stanislavski’s Method (must pick 10 different dialogues related to your lifepath, only limited opportunities for this)
  • Free-Roam / Level Select after Story?: Yes. After finishing the story when the credits are done rolling, choose :x: “Sure, Just One More Gig” to be put back before the Point of No Return. This puts you back before the final missions and you can continue in free roam and finish up any side jobs and NCPD scanner events you have left. From here you can also replay the final mission for the different endings.
4 Likes

Sounds great. This is however a game I will lose myself in so probably looking at a lot more hours :wink:

1 Like

Hello could I join the leaderboard? This looks pretty fun!

1 Like

Of course!

Just send a request to join that I’ll accept it as soon as I see it! :slight_smile:

XboxEra leaderboard leaderboard on TrueAchievements

Completion #99: Manifold Garden

• Estimated Difficulty: 2/10 with a guide - 8/10 without a guide
  • Estimated Time: 5-6 hours

What an AMAZING puzzle game. It is really hard to describe it. Basically you can change directions at any time and you have to keep going forward while using color blocks to open doors. In some cases you don’t even know if you are going up or down anymore. Oh, and it also has portals!

The puzzles can be insanely hard aswell, especially if you are going for the 0% run required for an achievement. You will have to play through the game twice – the first playthrough by obtaining all god blocks, and the second run by obtaining none at all. Each playthrough will take around 2 hours if you are following a guide. Remember to keep creating manual saves since it is really easy to get lost in the game, even with a guide.

It would be my 15th completion on the Series X. But since Rocket League was optimized earlier this week, it is actually my completion #16.

2 Likes

You are in!

I see your Gamertag is brand new aswell. Are you new to Xbox? Very nice completions so far!