Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

Oh, they are great games – especially if you didn’t pay for them :stuck_out_tongue:

I had lots of fun with Rivals when it first launched, but it is hell to play it today because of its “always online” connection and constant network errors. Need for Speed is fun and is also the easiest to get the base 1000g (it also has one of the most difficult DLC achievements of all time). Payback is the first to be optimized for the One X and is an easy completion, but a little time consuming. And I did not enjoy Heat :frowning:

And don’t forget Burnout Paradise! It was one of my favorite games on the PS3!

I’m trying to resist even the cheapest games on sale! I’m proud to say that I did not buy that Bee game even if it was 99 cents!

And I am not proud of buying and playing A Winter’s Daydream.

2 Likes

Just finished the DLC to The Outer Worlds which was fantastic. Only missing one achievement from it because a enemy with a special weapon didn’t spawn. welp

Had the same reaction after doing the exploit in Survivig Mars out of curiosity. It just is not really satisfying, won’t do it again :wink:

3 Likes

So Aborigenus, Mushroom Quest and Pixel Gladiator are the 3 newest games that got an 1K update. :sob:

1 Like

Still grinding my way through gears Tactics on hard. Really enjoying it but you need to work for those achievements. I’ve got 400 out of 1400 and just about finished chapter three. Will probably finish the game and clean up some of the achievements at another time.

Trying to decide what to start next. I’ve got Dragon Quest on the 4th :thinking:

1 Like

I need to get that DLC… do we know when the second one drops?

1 Like

Obsidian gave no timeframe but we know at least the title “Murder on Eridanos”

1 Like

Sounds intriguing :wink: I really liked the game so looking forward to the expansions.

2 Likes

Anyone else kinda hate having a high gamerscore? It looks ugly and I’d much rather a platinum trophy equivalent.

1 Like

Why not both? Give us our gamerscore and a list of completed games and dlc. We had this in already in some form on the 360. MS should expand on this idea.

3 Likes

I don’t know, maybe? Once I got passed 100k it kinda lost it’s appeal. Much rather have all the things we have talked about: Badges/platinums for completing games to show off, separate DLC and main game, rewards etc.

With the accelerating devaluation of GS thanks to all the easy completion games, it’s only getting worse.

1 Like

Yeah, I kind of envy the PS5 trophy system at the moment :frowning:

Hah, already have two of those.

1 Like

I do think something like a completed games counter would be nice, I still think PS users have it worse because these games have multiple region stacks, Vita stacks and now they can get PS4 and PS5 stacks. Its like a different community is coming in on out turf cough YouTube comment section and achievement related channels cough Hopefully they aren’t seriously thinking about going up to 5k

2 Likes

Yeah, I never liked the stacked lists and I love how Microsoft is handling things now. It is the same game, no need to have a list for the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. Although, like I said before, I would love Microsoft to put some tags below the game names to indicate the consoles. I found myself hunting those Series X|S completions, but since most of them are Smart Delivery games, it is nearly impossible to identify them. True Achievements hasn’t even manage a way to created a Series X|S leaderboard, it seems.

On a side note, did you see this?

https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/1329868415834738694

It could trivialize many collectible-related achievements.

Yeah this is really cool, I hope for PS5 users alot of devs implement it going forward. It would be cool if Xbox got something like this too.

1 Like

100% completion is a much better and impressive stat although there are far too many easy completions so a platinum trophy wouldn’t change much in that department unless Microsoft policed who can and can’t add a platinum to their games.

3 Likes

Completion #93: Maneater

• Estimated Difficulty: 2/10
  • Estimated Time: 10 hours

Fun little game! The game has been on my radar for a long time, but it was way too pricey for an indie game. I got it during the current Black Friday sale – still pricey, but I wanted a game to make me take a quick rest from Valhalla. It was also optimized for the Series X|S, so it was a perfect candidate to keep my personal objective of getting Series X|S completions.

The game is a really easy, 10-hour-max completion. It is so easy that 20% of ALL players completed it. And I mean ALL players, not only True Achievements. A surprisingly high percentage for a 10 hour completion!

It is my 10th Series X|S completion (or 11th if we count the Avengers game that isn’t optimized yet).

3 Likes

Definitely one of my favourite games for 2020. Such a fun game that doesn’t overstay its welcome. And while it was fun on Xbox One X at launch, the game runs like a dream on Series X.

1 Like

I’m 70 hours in and only just finished the campaign the other day, probably got about 400 of the 700 odd collectibles left and it’s not as simple as collecting, many are hidden behind things and the world events don’t give any instruction or get logged anywhere, kinda annoying.

1 Like

This looks fun as hell! Will keep an eye out for a deeper sale in the future, or Game Pass maybe.

1 Like