Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

I’ve been holding RT while I re-watch Seinfeld lol Hope to complete the game this week aswell!

In a few minutes this week’s Microsoft sales go live. I know it’s highly unlikely to see some Series X|S games already, but feels nice to have this expectation. I think DMC5:SE could drop in price really fast!

Edit: @FairyEmpire I think the patch is about to go live:

Edit 2: Call of the Sea achievements! Maybe we will have one more option for our next month’s featured game poll!

2 Likes

I want to complete Sea of Thieves, but the grinding there is insane, there are some achievements that require a lot of time and only focusing on that, like I don’t know who thought it was a great idea to do the TALL TALES 5 TIMES

1 Like

Sea of Thieves is one of those games I really wanted to get into but never could. I guess I really need those objective markers pointing me where to go.

I feel like the game doesn’t need them at all, but the game is an case where you MUST have a partner to sail and learn the ropes together

1 Like

Yeah, I tried playing solo and I couldn’t read the map and sail at the same time :stuck_out_tongue: I should really give the game another go some time!

Talking about stupid achievements, I’m replaying the Gears 5 campaign while going for the Inconceivable achievement. I still can’t believe they added a 200,000,000 damage achievement lol

@FairyEmpire the patch is live. Did it unlock for you?

Yes! Only needed to finish a Time Trial or something to get it to update. And that’s another 1000G for me :slight_smile: #125 to be exact.

2 Likes

Completion #92: Dirt 5

• Estimated Difficulty: 2/10
  • Estimated Time: I have no idea because Microsoft stopped tracking game time

Great arcade racer! You can definitely feel the influence of the Evolution Studios staff in this game with the dynamic weather and sense of speed. The game is really good looking, but there are some issues that sometimes take away its beauty. There is an odd lightning pop-in (the lamps only go bright when you approach them), and some shadows bugs at times.

Overall it is a really easy completion. You only have to complete every career event. You can play on Very Easy and even so you don’t even have to win them at all. You will have to grind for the 1,000 miles achievement, since after you’ve done everything in the game you will have raced only around 500 miles.

I do recommend XboxEra’s review of the game written by @FairyEmpire since it goes more in depth on how I felt about the game.

2 Likes

I haven’t got many achievements this week due to ACV being such a timesink, and most of the achievements seem to be end game stuff. Think I’ll finish the story then take a break from the game for a while, it’s feeling overwhelming right now lol

1 Like

Why have they abandoned us?

1 Like

Sucks considering PS5 just got time tracking…

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t get it. Achievements is a huge part of the gaming experience for many people, as is stats like time played etc.

1 Like

Clocked 26 hours in Valhalla (not considering the 10-hours save I lost before starting over). Completed Rygjafylke, Ledecestrescire, Grantebridgescire and Asgard. There are still 17 regions left lol

Can’t believe how lenghty this completion is.

1 Like

The amount of easy games coming out and that i still haven’t touched and the ones getting 1K updates are really taking the wind out of my sails recently. The console commands thing doesn’t bother me as much, the Surviving Mars thing felt really dirty. I remember using the dev/debug menu on the 360 with Gun. Same with the Minecraft achievement maps. We look for easy/exploits ways to unlock achievements, and I’ll still be using the easy games and exploits because I’m in too deep to quit. :craig:

1 Like

Yeah I get it. Made it easy for me to just focus on taking things in my own pace though, there is too much watering down of GS going on.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t mind easy games or even exploits. But I made a rule to myself that I’m trying to follow: I’ll not buy games just because they are quick completions. I’ll still do them if they are on Game Pass or GwG, but I can not fall in the pit of buying easy games just to boost my Gamerscore.

And oh boy, it was hard to ignore the Castle of No Escape bundle sale lol

Anyway, the Black Friday sale is finally live on the Microsoft Store! I tried to focus on Series X games, so I grabbed Maneater, Control: Ultimate Edition (it will be hard to wait for the next-gen version to drop!) and WRC 9 (I shouldn’t have rushed Dirt, I need a racing game to blow off some steam).

3 Likes

Same rule here! I won’t buy anything just to get easy GS, only proper games I want to play.

The sale is live? Awesome, must check it out.

1 Like

I was thinking of trying out some of the Need for Speed games on EA Play actually… Don’t know if they are any good but there’s like 3-4 racing games in there.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve decided not to do this unless the game is on sale and/or really cheap. I don’t want to say never because I’ve actually encountered a few games that were pretty fun that I would have completely ignored otherwise.

2 Likes

I made this rule after shamefully buying and playing Summer with the Shiba Inu

1 Like