Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

Don’t let those big numbers scare you! We are here to talk about the games we are playing and discuss achievements. The ranking is just another thing to keep us entertained :smiley:

I’m hooked on Valhalla in a way I never was with Origins or Odyssey! The story is fantastic and the Assassins and Templars are introduced in the story seamlessly. The pointless side quests are gone, and are instead replaced by “world events” that are so much more interesting!

Plus, it is a great RPG. No more picking so many of the same weapons and armors. Gears are unique and can be found around the world or earned in missions. They can not be bought nor sold! It makes exploring the map so much more rewarding since we don’t know what we might find.

I can’t recommend it enough!

Edit: Oh damn, I just realized that some achievements are not unlocking for me. Wtf?

1 Like

Yeah, heads up everybody: Valhalla achievements are definitely buggy.

The achievement for finishing the prologue didn’t unlock for me, as well as the one for completing a raid in England and couple more. There is a discussion on TA here:

If I had to guess, I think it has something to do with Quick Resume. :frowning: I can’t believe I only noticed it after 10 hours.

Almost finished Grim Fandango and missed an achievement so I’ll have to replay a few sections. I also almost completed the game with tank controls without realizing there was a run button :craig:

Sucks that both Watch Dogs and AssCreed launched with buggy achievements. Going back to Halo MCC for high ratio achievements and to finish ODST and Spartan Ops. I probably will give up on Mount and Blade Warband because of long it is and the multiplayer achievements. I hope I can actually get everything to spawn in Adventure Time Pirates of the Enchiridion too. I think all these easy game updates and the exploits are getting me a little burnt out too.

1 Like

Thankfully haven’t experienced that, unlocked both the prologue and a raid at the time of doing it. Doesn’t look like I’ve missed anything based on the list so far so hoping I don’t get affected, but I haven’t used quick resume I think because the game has loaded from scratch every time - pre launch I definitely suspected quick resume could cause these issues!

1 Like

No issues with Valhalla achievements for me so far, and I’ve been using quick resume extensively. So either it’s not consistent, or there’s a different problem.

1 Like

Yeah, now that I’m thinking about it, I started the game back on my Xbox One and the prologue achievement didn’t unlock in there aswell. For a couple of times an Ubisoft Connect message telling me about server problems popped, so that may be the reason.

I deleted the game and my save data (:() and I’ll start over to see how it goes. At least now I know how the game plays and can skip dialogue, so it should be a bit faster to reach where I was.

1 Like

I’m playing Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate atm, and one of these days I will catch up to you Valhalla-guys! :wink:

1 Like

I’m close to 1000 miles on DIRT 5. I should have that one last elusive achievement shortly after the update hits.

1 Like

According to Codemasters the achievement will unlock retroactively, but it is better to be safe than sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

Not gonna take risks I think, haha. Already had the campaign unlock achievement glitch out on me (which did eventually unlock after I redid an event), not gonna risk losing out on this one because I went too far! :smiley:

1 Like

Update: even after deleting it from the console AND from the cloud, my save is still there when I load up the game. Probably it has something to do with the synced saves introducing by the new Ubisoft Connect. I think the problem many are having with achievements not unlocking is due to something related to Ubisoft servers.

@brunopcosta1 Just saw your message, sorry! I haven’t been on the internet lately and it feelsbadman that I could’ve helped contributing to Tetris winning :stuck_out_tongue: but Gears Tactics ain’t a bad choice!

Yeah, as someone who has been currently working on Pathologic 2 I am pretty peeved that dude released the W10 dev command tools to get every achievement in a minute, and then follows up his post basically saying “cry more, QQers” before anyone even responded (I guess he has done this before and gotten negative responses? shrug)

Particularly because the game is a pretty busy completion as most achievements are missible and there aren’t many guides out there for the game, and you really need to plan ahead. The game has (well, had, thanks to XSX|S) horrendous load times, too, but under all of this it’s a highly recommended gem that people praise all the time if you’re willing to get invested. You can’t even follow a story guide without every author practically begging you to not read it and spoil it, and to enjoy the game on your own time (which I wonder…then why write a guide in the first place? haha).

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against people going for exploits as long as they’re not using third-party software. It’s fair game IMO and you do you! But as someone halfway through a complicated completion it does suck knowing that the ratio is about to go to shit and the dude who posted this is being so petty instead of “hey I/we found this exploit, enjoy all.”

Edit: Pathologic 2 was the first game I resumed on my XSX, too, ironically, because the instant load times are a godsend for this type of game. What a difference!

3 Likes

It’s always Ubisoft… :wink:

1 Like

So, who is playing Gears Tactics? What are your thoughts about the game and achievements so far?

I played the first mission last night. I don’t have the 4 person squad yet, but I already really like the game. I’m basically just going to play through the game normally and then try to go for specific achievements afterwards. It’s going to be hard and I think some of these achievements are going to be hard. :sweat_smile:

Gears Tactics is such an overwhelming game achievements-wise. I was thinking of starting on the easiest difficulty with Ironman mode enabled, and then a second run on Insane difficulty. But I’m not sure :frowning:

I really want to start the game, but I’m too intimidated to do so :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw, here is Cyberpunk trophy list:

2 Likes

I’m on the third mission or so and will just enjoy it without looking much on achievements. There are a lot of them for a second playthrough.

1 Like

No difficulty level based achievement, that’s promising!

1 Like

Gears Tactics, is going to be a hard completion, I probably won’t go for it. I’m not really a Tactics game kinda guy, even though I recently completed The Dark Crystal Age of Resistance Tactics, (thats a baby game). Gears is pretty fun so far, playing on PC. Started a walkthrough for a game that not many have played and most likely won’t have any interest :woman_shrugging: But there was 2 people who used my Troll & I walkthrough on YouTube, so you never know. I gave up on Adventure Time Pirates of the Enchiridion. After 6 attempts I can’t get the pirate ships to spawn so that is a total bummer.

1 Like

"Breathtaking

• Collect all items that once belonged to Johnny Silverhand."

That’s a nice nod!

3 Likes