Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

Oh, I really need to get into Halo. After gaming on PlayStation all my life, I tried to jump right into Halo CE through the Master Chief Collection, but didn’t manage to get far. I did complete the campaign for Halo 5, but I was not that impressed with the game.

My proudest completions on Xbox are probably Steep and Forza Horizon 4 – all DLCs included. That one achievement on Forza Horizon where I had to win a game of The Eliminator without acquiring any Car Drops was insane for me. My heart was pounding during the last race!

On the PlayStation I have fond memories of many trophies. Achieving top 10% on the weekly leaderboard for Killzone 2 (achieved in 2013), killing 10,000 enemies on Resistance 2 (achieved in 2010) and beating Zico’s lap time on Wipeout HD (achieved in 2011) are some that comes to mind. Leaving my trophies behind was the most difficult thing when I switched to Xbox.

I am currently playing Avengers (715/1000g) and Madden NFL 21 (320/1000g - I don’t think I will be able to complete it until the free play days are over). I plan to start Borderlands 3 soon aswell.

It’s definitely the weakest campaign by far but the arena 4v4 and the Big Team battle and Forge are all great

Are you entirely abandoning Playstation ei no PS4 or PS5?

Yeah. I went all digital on Xbox, so I have a big library of games tied to this ecosystem. I also have a Nintendo Switch (which I bought mainly because of Pokémon, but I ended up falling in love with everything else), and I can’t justify to myself having three consoles. My wallet already suffers a lot keeping up with the releases for both Nintendo and Xbox.

I do miss the trophy system, though. Being able to sort my games list by completion / alphabetically, DLC trophies separated from the base list, platinum trophies… I hope Xbox improves the achievement system for the next generation.

1 Like

Yo, I recently unlocked that achievement. I’m not the best at games on their highest difficulty, but I always gotta give it a shot. It’s kind of a poetic achievement since Reach was one of the first games I played on my 360 the day I brought it home.

1 Like

Yeah I think I put more time in Reach than any other game aside Wow. Even more than Halo 3. I think I had like 1200 gamerscore in Reach on my old GT lol

Yeah I understand, right now I only bought a PS4 solely for Ghost and for Persona 5 the latter of which I believe will eventually come to Xbox. Nothing against the PS4 of course but I may end up skipping the PS5 however I might also pick one up and do the Series X All Access instead.

Also not just the money but the amount of time for these games too. Especially since I tend to play longer games. Persona 5 and Xcom 2 are eating up all of my time right now lol

It just goes to show you no matter how many great games there are to play you simply will never have enough time to play all of them.

Unless of course you’re a professional streamer or Youtuber lol

1 Like

Request sent!

Used to be really in to achievement hunting. My interest has waned for just getting all 1000 on everything, but I’m working towards getting up to 300k in the next year or so.

3 Likes

Nice, what GS are you at right now? Also welcome

1 Like

Request sent! Not as big on achievements as I once was but I’m still having fun chasing 'em from time to time :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m at 224k at the moment, but I’ve been not using my Xbox as my main for most of this last generation so I think if I buckle down and play most things on my Xbox going forward I’ll hit it in no time.

And thanks!

1 Like

You can also buy a lot of those trash games with playtime of 1-2h and getting 100-200k in 1-2 month. Neogeo, visual novel and by the publisher Sometimes You and Ratalaika Games are the infamous ones who devalued the achievement score by a lot.

1 Like

I did that kind of stuff in the 360 days and I’d rather avoid it again

1 Like

Another great thread. Don’t let @RandalThor19 play though. He’s a filthy cheat! :wink:

3 Likes

If you want a challenge, trueachievements has always nice community events. The best was achievement hangman at the start of the covid lockdown.

tomorrow they start leap frog

TrueAchievements’ latest Community Event is Leap Frog 2020 and it starts on Monday

2 Likes

Yeah, there are too many good games I want to play rather than get stuck forever trying to get 100% in every game. If I really like a game, fun gameplay etc, I still go for the 1000 sometimes though.

1 Like

You are all in!

You are also in, chief!

On a side note, there is a limit of 10 mentions that I can make in a single post. As there are currently 13 users participating in the leaderboards, I can’t link link everyone to their respective profiles. Is there a special permission that would allow me bypass the 10 mentions-limit only for this thread?

@Everyone: When you send a request to join the leaderboard, please let me know somehow who you are in the XboxEra forums - by posting in here what is your gamertag, or by writing in the request what is your username. So far I have two users on hold because I don’t know their XboxEra usernames: MaidenLOKO and Yang. Please let me know who you both are so I can let you in! :slight_smile:

Weekly / Monthly Ranking announcement:

To encourage everyone to participate, even those who are just starting achievement hunting, I will track weekly and monthly rankings.

How to they work?

The ten best hunters in the week will be awarded points based on their position.

1. 10 points
  2. 9 points
  3. 8 points
  4. 7 points
  5. 6 points
  6. 5 points
  7. 4 points
  8. 3 points
  9. 2 points
  10. 1 point

The tracking will happen between 12:01AM on Monday and 11:59PM on Sunday UTC -3 (my timezone).

Monday, September 14, 2020 3:01 AMMonday, September 21, 2020 2:59 AM

The ten best hunters in the month will also be awarded points based on their position.

1. 100 points
  2. 90 points
  3. 80 points
  4. 70 points
  5. 60 points
  6. 50 points
  7. 40 points
  8. 30 points
  9. 20 points
  10. 10 points

As we are in the middle of the month, the tracking for September will happen between 12:01AM on September 14 and 11:59PM on September 30 UTC -3 (my timezone).

Monday, September 14, 2020 3:01 AMThursday, October 1, 2020 2:59 AM

Everytime the ranking resets and finishes I will post here a printscreen of the TrueAchievements leaderboard to serve as proof and award points to each member.

3 Likes

Request sent

1 Like

I’ll throw my hat in the ring. Sent a request.

EDIT: My gamertag is the same as my XboxEra handle - TheSlickTony

1 Like

You are both in! Thanks for participating :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve requested to join. I’ve always wondered if anyone has a worse gamerscore/year ratio. 50k points in what, 15 years? I’ve actually started playing more single player games recently so I’ve got up a fair bit recently I think.

1 Like

Great to see so many join!

I really wish Achivements got more love from Xbox… A badge for completed games would be great for starters!

2 Likes