Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

It’s an incredible game, well worth the completion too. Unfortunately, 2 of my DLC1 cheevos glitched out (seems to be a common occurrence), so I still need to start a New Game+ and blast through the beginning of the base game and most of DLC1 again, in the hopes it won’t glitch out again. I’ll surely do it down the line, hopefully after a 60fps patch drops. Hard to go back to 30 after Valhalla and Odyssey both boast 60fps now.

1 Like

I have no idea what a Swery65 game is but if they’re all this janky I would say Xbox definitely shouldn’t waste the money.

All of Swerys games are quirky, some are also janky. The Missing was not janky and i dont remember D4 beeing this way.

Good to know. I don’t think I’ve ever played one of them before based on the list Google pulled up for me.

Yes, the 30 fps was the only downside. However the game is beutiful af and I didn’t mind it after a while, you get used to it I suppose :wink:

I had no issues at all, but then I played long after launch. One of the benefits of backlogging!

The beauty of not being able to tell the difference between 30 and 60fps: I had no issues even when I played it at 30 :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be a useful skill hehe.

I’m considering playing through that whole Origins ‘trilogy’ but not sure if I’ve got the stomach for a 400 hour odd AC journey :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

How long do we have for The Good Life? It didn’t come out until the 15th, so are we giving it extra time to complete? Or are we just doing through the end of October. There are two games leaving Game Pass at the end of the month that I’d like to run through quick and I’m trying to figure out which I want to prioritize :slight_smile:

The games are great, 100+ hours for each completion easy, but I’m pretty disappointed by the ‘Mastery Challenge’ achievements added to Valhalla, that stuff doesn’t belong in an AC game and will probably be the reason I don’t complete Valhalla.

End of October. I think nobody will get the 1000gs till then but the scoring is now based on the same 50 points ranking like the weekly stuff so will work just fine.

2 Likes

Good deal. The game is not great, and I’m at the point where everything takes forever (I need 15 aluminum cans to complete the current step of one quest and I have…1), so I’ll definitely be switching over to the games leaving GP and then coming back to this if I’ve got time after. Thanks for the quick answer!

I feel like if Swery gets money and a good resources behind him, he can make some gems. I agree with you that The Good Life isn’t that great and has too many systems for a game made on Kickstarter money. I’ll probably put more time into. Kinda funny that I’m playing Summer in Mara and it’s a more well made game similar to The Good Life, minus the photography and changing into animals.

I’m definitely taking a break before tackling Odyssey :wink:

I’ve recently played through Outer Worlds and completed that, and enjoyed it alot, so I went and stacked the Windows version. Had alot of fun with this one, I liked that it had more colour than most RPGs and some good humour as well.

Quite easy as well to do, the supernova (hardest difficulty) achievement can be gotten with a speedrun in under an hour due to the way the questing system works.

Need to get back to Avengers now but planning on starting Biomutant next week.

3 Likes

They were quite terrible at times before one of the patches, but a recent update made them a lot better. Most importantly, enemies no longer kill themselves, preventing you from scoring enough for gold, haha.

1 Like

If anyone wants to try and run Veteran and Nightmare on Back 4 Blood, hit me up on xbox. I got a good melee build with Holly and pretty selfish Karlee build :joy:

Completion #75: Carto.

Decided to try this before it leaves Game Pass, and it was very enjoyable. A cute little puzzle game with a very fun gameplay mechanic in the map making. Pleasing artstyle and chill vibes. Recommended!

3 Likes

I really liked Carto. If I remember right it’s not too long so others could still finish it before it leaves Game Pass, otherwise now’s a good time to put that 20% discount to use.

1 Like

Only need less than 400gs to hit 40000 but FC6 is gonna take awhile I think to complete.