Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

I try to avoid buying “easy” titles unless they’re super cheap. I actually try to avoid “easy” titles unless they already looked fun and I wanted to play them anyway. But now that I’m in a competition with some of you… I may have to alter my approach to some of these things so I don’t get left completely in the dust. :smile:

Looking at the TA Xbox Hall of Fame leaderboards :sob: yeah I have no chance. 17th on the USA leaderboard for GS. #1 has almost 25k :joy:

1 Like

You might want go for the “number of achievements” leaderboard, since most people is focusing on Ratalaika games that have only 10 or so achievements.

Slayaway Camp has 50. Fearful Symmetry is a 2 hour completion with 46 achievements. Endless Legend has 71 achievements.

:eyes: I do have Slayawaycamp and Fearful left. After all the easy games though I might go for longer completions on gamepass or that I have in the backlog.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not gonna pretend I’m above buying easy games just for gamerscore lol, but I try to stick to stuff I’m at least a little interested in or curious about in some way. I’m not going to buy every single Ratalaika game just because.

1 Like

Mekorama is bad. Easy but frustrating 1k. Terrible controls, some puzzles its impossible to see the robot.

1 Like

Did AOE HD and Endless Legend this weekend, now I’m going to get punished for doing these easy games by focussing on AOE2 HD :hot_face:

Missed one achievement in Deliver us the Moon :craig: I’ll get that one tomorrow. Glad I went back to it because it was real interesting but man those controls and performance is yikes city.

1 Like

I really enjoyed that game. First time I got out onto the moon was an unexpectedly surreal experience.

1 Like

Trying to finish The Touryst but I’m stuck at some 80’s arcade mini-games I have to finish for an achievement. Managed the high score in 1 of 3 so far, but not looking good for the other two. I suck :frowning:

1 Like

Which ones? There are tricks that make them easier.

1 Like

You basically tripled your Gamer Score :stuck_out_tongue: Congrats!

While I liked the game, I just couldn’t take any more of it during its final third. So many frustrating sections…

I really need to get back to this game! I think I stopped playing after the surfing achievement.

After 5 years of getting the Platinum on the PS4, I thought it was time to replay The Wolf Among Us on the Xbox. I finished the first chapter, but I realized I’m not a fan of this kind of game as I once was.

1 Like

I beat the racing one. The others are impossible… (not my forte so to speak…hehe)

The Arkanoid one is pretty easy. Just focus on hitting the flying enemies with your ball or paddle as they give you points. Also, try to get every power up for the same reason, but if you get the laser power up don’t use it to break blocks and instead try to hit flying enemies. Some levels are easier to avoid the blocks than others and you’ll probably accidentally break them eventually. But doing this on every level should rack up the points pretty quick.

The platformer one you should focus on getting the power up and then attacking the enemies while they’re vulnerable. I don’t remember if they respawn, but if you do this on every level you’ll hit the high score pretty quick.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Yeah those were really frustrating, particularly the block breaker one. Nothing to do but just plug away at it until you get lucky. :confused:

Great game overall but I hate when developers put in something like that (a minigame that’s disproportionately difficult compared to everything else).

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll try to be more patient and wait for the powerup in the dynamite game, I think I might have cleared levels too fast now that I think about it.

Yeah, there were some annoying parts earlier in the game mostly due to the camera angles making it hard to be precise when platforming, but nothing like this. I’m gonna power through it but that sours the experience of the game. Sure, it’s not necessary for the story or anything so I guess most people won’t care much.

Very nice game if you play the story and do some exploring, if you are hunting achievements though…not great.

Yeah, the racing one actually took me the longest. It was the last thing I needed and It annoyed the hell out of me. :smile:

Yeah that took me a good number of tries, but I’m decent at racing, even older stuff for some reason. The others though… I suck at that kind of games haha.

My 10-hour FIFA 21 trial has ended :frowning:

Back to some more achievement hunting until it officially launches on Friday!

Finished off The Touryst and got the full completion. I really enjoyed it and dug the way it looked. I found it quite relaxing to play apart from one frustrating platforming sequence, but I definitely recommend it.

Also finished Astrologaster. A pretty unique game that’s worth a play through. It’s on gamepass for PC.