Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

Available here, it certainly won’t be a popular one

2 Likes

The votes are in and the Gamepass Game of the Month for September is Psychonauts 2!

Remember, you have until the end of the month to get as many achievements as you can. Happy hunting!

2 Likes

Oh i see. Thanks

I’m actually ok with this. I think I’ve only ever done this for Conan: Exiles and I felt dirty doing it. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

It’s a tough problem in my opinion. I’m glad I’m not the person in charge who has to make a ruling. But with mods becoming more and more prevalent in console games I get that they couldn’t ignore the issue any longer.

Yeah, I haven’t done a single one. I don’t care what others do, but I prefer to play my games :wink:

2 Likes

1 Like

Final got my 1000/1000 on hades. Fantastic game. Looking forward to the next game they make 9/10

7 Likes

Haha, I just don’t see the point for me. I have zero issues with anyone else doing it though.

Did they ever patch it with quick resume? I’ve done a lot and only got like 2 achievements. Really annoying. I’m going to assume that some of them won’t pop retroactively either.

I understand what they’re going for, but I feel like the reasoning they’re using for banning some mods is bullshit. I get banning mods that unlock every achievement. I get banning mods that unlock a single achievement and you need a different mod for each achievement. What I don’t get is the whole “if the mods make the achievements easier they’re also banned.” That basically means that almost every single non-cosmetic-only mod needs to be banned. Fixes a glitchy camera? That makes it easier to get achievements, so that would need to be banned. Lets you craft multiple things at once rather than one at a time if you have the materials needed? Makes them easier, so it would need to be banned.

Add on top of that that the site wholly endorses boost sessions, the purpose of which is to, you guessed it, make it easier to get achievements.

At this point I think what they need to do is just put up a poll on the main site that asks people if they want: all mods & console commands banned, all mods banned but not console commands, all console commands banned but not mods, or to not have either banned. It’s amazing to me that they’d make such a drastic and open-to-interpretation rule change without first asking the users of the site how they would like it to be done.

/rant

5 Likes

Like I’ve said earlier, I don’t use this myself since it’s mostly been for games I want to play some day. But for people with no interest in the games I don’t see why it shouldn’t be allowed. It doesn’t harm anyone, GS being inflated by silly games anyway.

1 Like

Based on some later replies in the thread, it sounds like they might be taking this decision back to the drawing board a little bit.

I kind of tend toward your viewpoint that mods can probably be allowed as long as they don’t auto-unlock achievements. But I can also see how it could be extremely hard to draw a meaningful line between auto unlocks and “extremely trivial but not strictly automatic” unlocks. Like what if a mod makes you able to get all achievements in 5 minutes by beating one enemy. Does that count as an auto unlock or does it count as playing the game? Just a hypothetical but it’s going to be hard to enforce a rule when people are constantly pushing the boundaries, which they will always do.

Things were so much simpler back when everything was on console and all you needed to say was “file manipulation = bad” and that covered everything.

Agreed. It seems like the loud minority of people over on TA care that mods/console commands lower the TA ratio, which they seem to care about because they think it holds some value despite it having the exact same amount of value as regular achievements (that is, no value at all).

4 Likes

The most obvious solution is to ban mods for everyone except me :innocent:.

I guess I would allow it because achievements are in bad place right now so who cares, on the other hand I want to see achievements get better and banning them makes sense. It’s only going to get worse with “achievement seasons” now in theory that’s sounds like a good problem to have but those achievements that get added are so ass.

ps I’m salty a lot of certain people get/got the ratalikia/Xitilon stuff for free and I have to pay like a damn fool. :unamused:

I just gotta play better games and try to lift up other indie games that get passed on.

1 Like

Personally I like the current rules of in-game mods are file, anything that requires manually editing files isn’t, but I would also allow all mods to be banned except for for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

937 days later I got the completion :joy:

7 Likes

Nice! How was it? I’ve been thinking about it but concerned that it’s dead?

Are achievements broken for The Artful Escape? Only got 1 halfway through and not any the story related ones.

You can do all the achievements by yourself anyway IIRC.

1 Like