About next Xbox acquisitions

Just gonna say if this holds water I’d be very interested to speak to the Italian insider through a translator.

Also re: Bethesda and media blah blah. Ignore the external noise there are only 2 facts, Microsoft owns Bethesda once the deal closes and they won’t jeapordize it trying to prove a point to ign and twitter

3 Likes

Doesn’t this add up to what @Shpeshal_Nick was saying in the podcast that Xbox had two acquisitions in the works? Seems like it may end up being true.

Microsoft needs Bethesda games to be exclusive, they are big games everyone talks about that Xbox needs. Media and PS fans have no points to argue over exclusivity, now more so than ever, PS has money hatted 2 games now owned by Xbox to be exclusive (was going to be doing the same with starfield), same with FF and many other games. I don’t how anyone could complain with a straight face if the games are Xbox exclusive.

If these games are good the media can’t do anything about it, look at how well forza horizon and Ori were received. Xbox just needs to deliver similar quality games irrespective of genre then the narrative will slowly start to shift.

2 Likes

I don’t know who’s gonna be the next, but I would love to see DONTNOD. If the recent talk about Square being unsatisfied with the western division, they might even try to buy the Life is Strange IP.

1 Like

YES PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN

Square Enix isn’t going to sell off successful IP. If they try to get rid of their western studios they’re keeping the IP. Whoever acquires those studios would have to license their IP from Square Enix or have the studios make new ones of their own.

For what it’s worth, I’ve heard some stuff around Discord too. Nothing specific. Just that they’re looking at something with Discord.

4 Likes

Hey everyone, we’ve been talking about this general topic for a few months over at this thread:

Come on over and join the fun sometime :slight_smile: