A new trailer for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl released - the game is set to launch Q1 2024

Originally published at: A new trailer for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl released - the game is set to launch Q1 2024 - XboxEra

The Ukrainian development team GSC Gameworld has released a new trailer for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Hearts of Chornobyl today. While the game has a playable demo at the Xbox booth at Gamescom the game was notably absent during Geoff Keighley’s Opening Night Live.

This new trailer is called ”Bolts & Bullets trailer” and the descrption for it is this: ”Take a look around! Looks like the same old Zone, at a first glance… Freezed at the time and always transforming, primed to struck at the unforeseeable moment. But don’t let her trick you: She has changed from the last time you were here. And to let the stalker survive, she’ll demand the same! New S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl — Bolts & Bullets Trailer for your preparations to the upcoming adventure.”

This week it’s also been revealed S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Hearts of Chornobyl is releasing in the first quarter of 2024. This means it has been delayed a few months.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Hearts of Chornobyl is set to release on Xbox Series X|S, PC (Windows Store, Steam, Epic Game Store and GOG) and Game Pass.

9 Likes

Looks a little downgraded compared to previous showings. But then the screenshots from Gamescom looked really good. So eh… who knows.

Surely not the final build. Regardless, the game still looks great overall.

1 Like

The downgrade is noticeable in the lighting mostly. It feels like they are confident in showing a real build now.

It still looks impressive. The gameplay looks great too. Can’t wait !

1 Like

The footage they had at the Xbox show two years ago didn’t look impossibly good. I’m a bit surprised about the downgrade. But the game isn’t out yet, can change.

I remember the part in the dark that looked really good two years ago, DF was quite impressed with it too.

Looked massively downgraded from previous showings tbh, not a little.

I just watched the trailer. It’s a very big downgrade indeed, unfortunately. It’s not only the lighting either, the shooting seems different too.

It is not the final build though - Q1 2024 release means they have a ways to go with optimization and all that.

Looks great to me. So very happy that this was delayed out of 2023. I just need Ubisoft to delay Avatar to 2024 so my December, January and perhaps even February can be empty so I can catch up with whatever 2023 games I have left over.

Back to Stalker 2, again, looks great and yeah, im in!!

2 Likes

Eh…not sure it’s wise to judge graphical fidelity from a Youtube video tbh.

holy downgrade batman

I dont see it. If you compare the daytime gameplay shots from the first trailer (like when the player is attacked by the dogs) with the current they look the same.

I really hope so.

It used to look better in other videos and those were on YouTube too. It seems to be especially the lighting that has changed or maybe not implemented (again) yet, I hope.

Difference is really clear when you look at earlier screenshots.

Lighting makes all the difference

I’m sorry, it just isn’t a small downgrade either.

I’m afraid we won’t get this anymore.

giphy (1)

stalker2-artifact

Almost as if that was target footage. And the same goes for the screenshots they’ve released here and there. Take all the time you need, there is more than enough coming.

1 Like

I was skeptical from the start that they could achieve what they were showing so I’m not surprised. But damn, the lighting but also the LOD took a hit. I hope for some good particles and weather effects still.

Game is coming next year so they still have time.

Yeah, that’s not a small downgrade. Hope they can still achieve what they first showed next year.

It didn’t look impossibly good to me, definitely doable. But who knows what the war they are in has caused. That for sure has affected them and that’s very understandable. But releasing bullshots just is not good, it’s misleading.

I really doubt it. But if they need more time for that, absolutely fine. Overall it’s not only the graphics either, gunplay doesn’t look too great either.

Oh wow, yeah that is one hell of a downgrade. Like a whole gen backwards?

Read a comment that apparently GSC didn’t have access to UE5 when they that one trailer. That true?

All this unreal engine 5 games looking sort of underwhelming from the initial promises, kind of why I’d like to see other engines used. Not only does it look downgraded it also seems it’s chugging o the fps. I do think it will still be great and wish them well.